poor river's eyes

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
dragynflye
Bully Lover 4 Life

poor river's eyes

Postby dragynflye » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:03 pm

friday evening, i noticed river's eyes were looking squinty. her eyelids looked a bit poofy, and her third eyelid was up. they weren't runny, and she wasn't scratching or rubbing at them, so i decided to keep an eye on it till morning (since the vet was already closed, anyway). she was a little cranky, rumbling at watson and just wanting to lay on the couch. in the morning, they were back to normal, so i didn't call the vet. by saturday afternoon, though, they were looking poofy and squinty again, although not quite as bad as they were friday night. this morning, they are still poofy, her third eyelid is still showing, and she's still squinty. they are not goopy or runny. she's not rubbing at them. other than friday night, she's been acting normal- playing with watson, doing zoomies around the yard, snuggling with the kid. she's eating and drinking fine.

any ideas? like i said, it doesn't seem to be bugging her, but it sure looks uncomfortable to me!

jake_pit_mix
Newborn Bully

Re: poor river's eyes

Postby jake_pit_mix » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:45 pm

Are they red at all?

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Re: poor river's eyes

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:54 pm

If she's squinting, she should see a vet. She may have a mild corneal scratch or something that is causing pain.

Return to “Health Issues”