So annoyed with my vet!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

So annoyed with my vet!

Postby dogs4jen » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:18 pm

I want to get Roscoe's thyroid checked with Hemopet, W. Jean Dodd's lab, and I called my vet on Monday to set up the appointment to draw the blood, and her tech just called me back today and refused to do it because she hadn't heard of it and only wanted to use Michigan State's lab. I guess I'll have to go to another vet, which I'm afraid will make Roscoe extra nervous. She did say that if I dropped off the forms she might reconsider, and so I guess I could do that, along with the article from Whole Dog Journal about it, but I am just really ticked off about this. I might possibly be grouchy anyways since it's been snowing here all day.... :po:

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Re: So annoyed with my vet!

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Just drop off the forms and let your vet learn... or do the michigan state panel, they are pretty much the same.

2fatcatsandapitbull
Adolescent Bully

Postby 2fatcatsandapitbull » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:42 pm

i have my male's most recent results that i can send you via email of dr dodd's full thryroid panel if you would like so your vet can see what the test setup looks like. as miss kiwi said, mich. is also good.

i prefer dodd's lab because i usually have a full thryroid, cbc and chem done for much less than all the tests would cost at my vet. my vet charges me $15 to draw the labs and prepare the specimens, i mail them out myself.

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:28 am

Thanks, I think I'll just try another vet's, although I suppose that might be a pain in the neck if he needs a prescription. I just can't believe she won't do this, I've been going there 13-14 years now.

Return to “Health Issues”