Why do dogs eat grass?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
MikeInTacoma

Re: Why do dogs eat grass?

Postby MikeInTacoma » Mon May 03, 2010 8:23 pm

Two of ours love raw broccoli. (The other three think they're crazy. But all five like to eat grass.)

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Fri May 07, 2010 10:51 pm

I was reminded of an old wives tale today. If a dog east grass, it means it's going to rain. Sure came true today! lol

krzemienr
Newborn Bully

Postby krzemienr » Wed May 12, 2010 4:45 pm

I was funny, because Destiny never ate grass before we had her, then about a month after the adoption, she saw Pumpkin chewing on some, came up to the same spot and started grazing! Both dogs only do it sometimes on their 50 foot leads, or when running around in a friend's back yard... never had a problem with them because of it though and Pumpkin has been eating grass for a couple years now.

Rafal

pumpkinpunk
Matured Bully

Postby pumpkinpunk » Wed May 12, 2010 8:43 pm

cookies mom wrote:My Cookie has been eating grass so much that sometimes her stool is full of it, seemingly undigested?

Chances stool is full of it to. He loves it, as soon as the field I take him to was filled with tall grass, the zoomies he use to get when being released turned into one swift jump into the tallest pile of grass and just going to town. How much grass is to much? And do your dogs digest it?

pinsent
Adolescent Bully

Postby pinsent » Thu May 13, 2010 2:09 pm

Titan eats grass a good bit when he gets the chance. Used to try and stop him a lot. but i gave up. since its in their nature.

Return to “Health Issues”