Procter & Gamble purchases Natura (EVO)

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
pumpkinpunk
Matured Bully

Re: Procter & Gamble purchases Natura (EVO)

Postby pumpkinpunk » Thu May 13, 2010 11:46 pm

HersheyBear wrote:saw this on Dogster/Catster. Hershey has been doing well on EVO canned so, until they change the ingredients, going to stick with it. and hope for the best.

Something to keep in mind is where they source from. The ingredients and formula might stay the same but the quality of the ingredients may decrease. This sort of change would not be advertised. Such as using the same (rendered) meats they use for Iams and Eukanuba. Just something to keep in mind, this would be the main reason we would stop carrying this brand at my store.

HersheyBear
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby HersheyBear » Fri May 14, 2010 11:35 am

eh I'll see what happens. Don't want to panic unnecessarily.

Shanda
Addicted to PBF

Postby Shanda » Fri May 14, 2010 1:28 pm

I have spoken to no less than four carriers of Natura products so far, and as a whole they are dropping the line if the deal goes through. They are already helping owners pick new diets for their pets and fielding a lot of questions and complaints from the public. One girl that nearly every phone call in the past week has been about this.

The owner of one local store met with a rep from Iams who was sent to "ease the transition" to the new parent company. Guy apparently told them he'd be happy to go along with the switch as soon as they let him sign a contract that guaranteed him 1 million dollars in the event of formula, ingredient, or source changes at Natura under P & G.

Of course, they declined his compromise.

I'm really hoping Natura will back out, since it looks like they will be shunned in the very market they've always appealed to.

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Mon May 17, 2010 1:42 pm

As our local super food savvy store said, "...We will be closely monitoring the quality of this food line in the coming months and will communicate concerns immediately if we find reason to believe that this food is no longer a high-quality option."

Knowing them as well as I do, they will yank them as quickly as they hear something not going well. This was actually what started them in their business anyway, wanting to provide GOOD quality dog and cat food to thier region. Golly, what a shame. I guess this means we wil start seeing them in big box stores too?

For those of you that feed these brands and have really grown to love it, how potentially heartbreaking it will be to need to switch. In our house, it was a miracle to get firm enough stools with one food vs. another food, I could not imagine having to go through all that again!

Munkos
Super Bully

Postby Munkos » Mon May 17, 2010 1:59 pm

This is so frustrating for us. We've been up and down on all sorts of foods, and finally settled quite nicely on California Naturals Lamb and Rice - about a week before P & G bought out Natura.

It looks like our only other options for limited ingredient diet is Natural Balance, which is a bit iffy for puppy nutrition.

I am holding my breath that our food issues were due to the bacterial infection the pups had, and not food sensitivities. Mina does fantastic on Orijen, Dante so far is only doing well on the CN.

I might have to bite the bullet and go raw, and get over my uneasiness about feeding it properly and figuring out how to make it affordable.

It seems like every time we find a good food for any of our dogs, something happens and we're on the hunt again!

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:05 am

Munkos wrote:This is so frustrating for us. We've been up and down on all sorts of foods, and finally settled quite nicely on California Naturals Lamb and Rice - about a week before P & G bought out Natura.

It looks like our only other options for limited ingredient diet is Natural Balance, which is a bit iffy for puppy nutrition.

It will be at least 6 months before any ingredient changes hit the shelves, you should be safe following this on closely through your pups growth stages...

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Fri May 21, 2010 9:07 pm

I just heard about this yesterday. Sucks, and I don't even feed any of those foods. I remember when Canidae started making changes -- not a buyout that I'm aware of, just changes to their formula -- I decided to stick with it until 2 bags into the new formula my dogs were still not doing well on it. Now we feed Nature's Variety. If they ever get bought out, I may have to go all raw. You just don't know who to trust anymore. :sad:

Return to “Health Issues”