"tears and googies"

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
spritecann
Newborn Bully

"tears and googies"

Postby spritecann » Thu May 06, 2010 7:18 pm

In need of some expertise, Garrett has always had alot of "tears" and some eye staining that i always make sure to wipe away(about 4-5times a day) but within this past week his "tears" are still there but now he has "googies" in a light yellowish-whitish color when he wakes up in the morning or when he naps and today some "googies" have gotten on to the eye ball and we wont let me take it/flush it out. Also his white part of his eye seems a little red a pinkish hue in color, as well as one eye seems a little swollen compared to the other (only viewable upon very close inspection), the redish tissue on the inside of his eye that holds his eyeball in place also seems more obvious today than before on the inside corner of the eyes. He eats wellness super5mix puppy food, he's about 5 1/2-6months of age, indoor dog that has doggie door. Im prepared to take him to the vet if need be but wanting to avoid the trip and the bill if there is something that can help that the vet will probably tell me to do anyways. Does anyone know of any over the counter medicines safe for dogs, anything that may help that is available at petsmart, or any at home remedies that will help?

spritecann
Newborn Bully

Re: "tears and googies"

Postby spritecann » Fri May 07, 2010 7:20 pm

all night and this morning he was weezing, coughing until he throws up. So off to the vet we went this morning turns out he has allergies the vet gave him a steroid shot which has cleared his eyes up and lessened his weezing, coughing and vomiting. Vet says if its not 100% gone by 2marro then we gotta go back.

Return to “Health Issues”