Awesome Sales Move

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
teddy
Bully Ambassador

Awesome Sales Move

Postby teddy » Thu May 20, 2010 3:52 am

Okay i recently took noah off of a combination of wet and dry food mixed in for his breakfest and dinner meal times...He has been eating nothing but dry Hill's Science for the past month...I needed and wanted him to lose a few pounds and trim up really quickly...

As i headed into petco and made my way back to the dog food area, a sales lady with info on different foods wet and dry was handing out information...I told her that i had recently just taken my pup off wet food two weeks before so he could shed some excess weight he was carrying around, and then in about a month or two put him back on the wet food, but only at half a can

She proceeded to say that was good but then asked for what breed are you doing for? I told her pitbull...She said still not a bad idea, but pitbulls need the wet food by its self or mixed in with dry food because there active dogs, and there body temps are always running high because of all there energy and active life stly...It is essential for them to have that wet food no matter what...

I kinda walked off and said okay i will think about it and do a little research on my end really quick before i decided to just get him back on wet food...

I just scratched my head and said that was one hella of a sales gimic in trying to get or force people to buy something he or she don't need in the isle he she might have to go and get something...

Is the info she told me partly true some what true or true all together?

I know pits are active dogs but do they need the canned food as a part of there stystem to regulate the temp in there body?

MikeInTacoma

Re: Awesome Sales Move

Postby MikeInTacoma » Thu May 20, 2010 5:00 am

I've never heard of anything remotely like that. As long as they get enough water, I can't even think why something like that would make any sense. :huh?: :dunno: Ask your vet.

spammie

Postby spammie » Thu May 20, 2010 5:17 am

I think I heard that about cats, but not dogs.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu May 20, 2010 6:57 am

Wet food is food thats wet... nothing more exciting than that.

Because the food is canned, rather than extruded, canned food often contains less carbohydrates, (but not always) which can be good for the obligate carnivores in out lives, the felines.

There is nothing magical about canned food, its no different than cookie dough and cookies...

teddy
Bully Ambassador

Postby teddy » Fri May 21, 2010 2:12 am

Okay thats what i thought, it just didn't make sense to me and all of it sounded like sales gimic to get suckers to spend more money in a already such expensive store...

Thank you guys for the help...I haven't bought the canned food yet from hills science and don't plan to put him back on it for another month or so...

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Fri May 21, 2010 9:27 am

Why canned Science Diet?
I can think of 10 other foods off the top of my head that are better than SD!

http://www.dogfoodproject.com/

Rachel&Halo
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Rachel&Halo » Fri May 21, 2010 12:24 pm

I've never heard of that either, but I'd have to say that was a pretty good move.

Not trying to thread jack, but I had to add something. Several months ago, I was strollin' through Petsmart with Halo when we walked by a sales girl trying to pitch Purina Pro Plan. Halo walked right up and crotch muzzle punched the sales girl. She made a shriek laugh. lol lol Needless to say I was mortified, and the sales girl didn't make a sale.

chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby chewbecca » Fri May 21, 2010 7:51 pm

Did you just say "Crotch muzzle punched"?

roflmao

Return to “Health Issues”