Positive Vibes for Tyson

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Positive Vibes for Tyson

Postby ilovetyson » Sat May 22, 2010 11:23 pm

Well, over the past 6 mo, his health has been a bit .. bad.

I took him to a vet to have a cpl lumps looked at that became larger.. And they wanted like 700$ To have 2 Biopsied.. So I took him to another..Just for a second Opinion..and they wanted 5-600 for biopsy on 2-3. Well, We don't have that kind of money. And The cheaper place didn't accept Care credit.. or Payments.. *sigh* soo, I figured I would just watch out and see.
While they were doing the check over.. he had 15 bumps to chart out.. :-/ And they picked the 2-3 that looked most worrysome.

Well, As of the last 24 hrs.. he had a new one pop up.. and it literally was over night.. And it is Big..and Bloody red.. I even went to get a Wet papertowel to wipe it off.. To my Surprise.. nothing came off.. So, I have asked the opinions of People I know in the Dog Rescue Field.. And they all think it is a Tumor. :(
Soo, I am going to see if anyone is open tomorrow to try to get a Appt somewhere.. if they have Care credit.. or take payments.

Please... Send us positive vibes.

I don't know what I will do if I loose him!

What are your opinions?!

Also, if anyone in the area knows of a GOOD Vet, that is cheaper.. or has care credit.. or takes payments.. Please.. let me know

I am in the tampa bay area of Florida.

patty

Re: Positive Vibes for Tyson

Postby patty » Sat May 22, 2010 11:44 pm

I am sending all my best wishes and positive vibes for Tyson. Praying all will be well :pray

:hug:

ClickNtreat
Adolescent Bully

Postby ClickNtreat » Sun May 23, 2010 9:34 am

I feel for you I really do :( Sending positive vibes for Tyson.

I will share some information with you that might help . In March our 9.5 year old pitbull who had always been strong & fit with a great appetite began getting choosy about her food. She refused things she had always loved like bread, potatoes etc She always had dog food, but always got table scraps too - because she was all muscle and never put on weight. It was so strange for her to refuse bread because she always ate bread first - even over steak!

Anyway she seemed a little down this winter, but had her senior health test bloodwork etc and everything was good. On the the 5th of March this year she did not want to go outside to pee in the morning and was not herself at all. Then I looked at her gums and they were very pale..so we rushed her to the vet.

Her blood showed anemia and an xray showed a big tumor on her spleen. The vet said it was common for bigger dogs to get cancer on the spleen and advised we take her home and make the most of the time we had left. She said a splenectomy might buy her more time but she did not really recommend it - especially in the state Tasha was in. Tasha was so incredibly weak we were terrified we were going to lose her that very day or weekend.

Anyway I never give up, so I did as much research on the net as I could and found that carbs were not good for dogs with cancer. So I changed her to an all *cooked* meat diet - as much organic meat as I could get hold of, which is not plenty around here. It was strange how Tasha had begun refusing carbs as if her body was telling her they were no good for her.

I also read up on Liquid Zeolite and decided it was worth a try: here is the article that made my mind up: http://www.springerlink.com/content/80al8bhegldhnejl/fulltext.html

I got them fedexed overnight from the waiora company and it cost $700 - though there is a cheaper option that I have since detoxed myself , my partner and our other dogs with.

I gave Tasha 10 drops an hour from 7am in the morning until 10pm at night (for over a week). The change in her was amazing - she ate like a lion, we went for walks, she wanted to play with her Jolly ball and honestly you would never of guessed she was sick.

The person who sold me the Zeolite said if we did not get her spleen taken out - she would die, because for her to already of hemorrhaged the cancer was big and it was too late for the zeolite to do its job. It was just a matter of time until she would bleed again..

So we booked Tasha in and the vet techs and the vet were shocked to see Tasha run into the surgery and leap on a chair. Last time they saw her 10 days ago she could hardly walk - she was wobbly and just so tired. They did blood tests and everything was good. Tasha had looked bloated after the internal bleed but 10 days later her tummy looked cut again and we were confident she was in the best shape she could be in for surgery.

At noon they called us and told us Tasha was sat up and surgery had gone well and we could pick her up at 4pm. That there was no tumor in her spleen but there was a hole a size of a quarter and they would send part of it off for biopsy.

At 2pm they called again - Tasha had an internal bleed and had died :( We were absolutely devastated and shocked... were had been so excited after they called at noon.

Anyway we both feel like the zeolite and all meat diet had helped Tasha so much and maybe if we had been more patient and less scared - she would still be here. It was fear of losing her that made us opt for surgery thinking we were giving her the best chance. I am not sure what the mass the vet and my partner saw in the original Xray was - honestly xrays are hard to read and I could not really see what they were pointing at on the xray. But at the same time my head was spinning & my eyes were bleary from crying, thinking that we might only have hours left with our big girl - who I had assumed we had at least another 5 years with.

Every day Tasha was on Zeolite she got stronger, I dont honestly know if it was the zeolite, all the praying, Reiki (alternative energy healing), the all meat diet but something miraculous seemed to be happening for Tasha until surgery ended it :( The vet said there are so many blood vessels around the spleen - it is not simple every day surgery.

We can't know what the outcome would of been without surgery. But we both agree if ever faced with the same situation of cancer again with one of our dogs - we will do zeolite not chemo or surgery.

Here is a link to the cheaper zeolite I found and used on ourselves and other dogs (waiora is a pyramid selling machine they bombard us with sales literature and try to get you to become an affialiate) It is super expensive from them they sold us 9 bottles and 9 bottles of some mushroom stuff that Tasha would not take for $700 - the mushroom arigold made her vomit):

http://www.liquidzeolitecompany.com/

If you google zeolite and cancer you will find that many people use it who have cancer. Of course there are people saying it is useless too...all I know is Tasha's health improved from the first day we began the drops. It may of been coincidence but I would use it if I ever got cancer and we were impressed enough to detox ourselves and our other dogs with it. It is tasteless so they do not object to the drops. The person who we brought the waiora from told me to give the 10 drops per hour which is way over the normal dose. But her dog survived spleen cancer with it - so I did. Given that our vet had told us to just make the most of the time we had left - it was worth a try.

Best of luck to you and Tyson -

ClickNtreat
Adolescent Bully

Postby ClickNtreat » Sun May 23, 2010 9:41 am

My partner just read what I wrote and said you might be put off by the $700 I mentioned. You can buy 1 bottle of zeolite for $38 with free shipping from here:

Not saying you should - just saying it might be an option for you & Tyson.

ClickNtreat
Adolescent Bully

Postby ClickNtreat » Sun May 23, 2010 9:42 am

ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilovetyson » Sun May 23, 2010 9:52 am

Thanks for the Info Clickntreat. But, we rly don't have 700 to get a product like that. :-/

I am going to go to a vet next week..and ask there opinions. I am not big on giving dogs or myself meds if not needed. And I really don't want him having to have surgery if not needed. But, I dont want him in pain either. Soo, I guess well Just see.. :(

ClickNtreat
Adolescent Bully

Postby ClickNtreat » Sun May 23, 2010 9:58 am

ilovetyson wrote:Thanks for the Info Clickntreat. But, we rly don't have 700 to get a product like that. :-/

I am going to go to a vet next week..and ask there opinions. I am not big on giving dogs or myself meds if not needed. And I really don't want him having to have surgery if not needed. But, I dont want him in pain either. Soo, I guess well Just see.. :(

I understood that $700 is not an option - 1 bottle from the cheaper company is $38 including shipping:
http://www.liquidzeolitecompany.com/products/Ultra-Liquid-Zeolite-Large-2oz-%2860ml%29-2-Ounces-for-%2438.html

ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilovetyson » Sun May 23, 2010 10:11 am

I didn't have the other post about it before I wrote mine. I think U musta wrote them while I was reading ure original Post.

:)

Charlie282
Newborn Bully

Postby Charlie282 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:19 am

:hug:

ClickNtreat
Adolescent Bully

Postby ClickNtreat » Sun May 23, 2010 10:27 am

ilovetyson wrote:I didn't have the other post about it before I wrote mine. I think U musta wrote them while I was reading ure original Post.

:)

No problem - I would get the definite from your vet that it is cancer before starting anything. But zeolite is not a drug or medicine more of a supplement. If it is cancer and they remove the tumors they might want to do chemo... chemo adds more toxins into the body - zeolite removes toxins so your immune system can do the work on cancer cells.

Whatever you decide to do for him - I wish you the very best outcome!!

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sun May 23, 2010 11:01 am

ClickNtreat wrote:I feel for you I really do :( Sending positive vibes for Tyson.

I will share some information with you that might help . In March our 9.5 year old pitbull who had always been strong & fit with a great appetite began getting choosy about her food. She refused things she had always loved like bread, potatoes etc She always had dog food, but always got table scraps too - because she was all muscle and never put on weight. It was so strange for her to refuse bread because she always ate bread first - even over steak!

Anyway she seemed a little down this winter, but had her senior health test bloodwork etc and everything was good. On the the 5th of March this year she did not want to go outside to pee in the morning and was not herself at all. Then I looked at her gums and they were very pale..so we rushed her to the vet.

Her blood showed anemia and an xray showed a big tumor on her spleen. The vet said it was common for bigger dogs to get cancer on the spleen and advised we take her home and make the most of the time we had left. She said a splenectomy might buy her more time but she did not really recommend it - especially in the state Tasha was in. Tasha was so incredibly weak we were terrified we were going to lose her that very day or weekend.

Anyway I never give up, so I did as much research on the net as I could and found that carbs were not good for dogs with cancer. So I changed her to an all *cooked* meat diet - as much organic meat as I could get hold of, which is not plenty around here. It was strange how Tasha had begun refusing carbs as if her body was telling her they were no good for her.

I also read up on Liquid Zeolite and decided it was worth a try: here is the article that made my mind up: http://www.springerlink.com/content/80al8bhegldhnejl/fulltext.html

I got them fedexed overnight from the waiora company and it cost $700 - though there is a cheaper option that I have since detoxed myself , my partner and our other dogs with.

I gave Tasha 10 drops an hour from 7am in the morning until 10pm at night (for over a week). The change in her was amazing - she ate like a lion, we went for walks, she wanted to play with her Jolly ball and honestly you would never of guessed she was sick.

The person who sold me the Zeolite said if we did not get her spleen taken out - she would die, because for her to already of hemorrhaged the cancer was big and it was too late for the zeolite to do its job. It was just a matter of time until she would bleed again..

So we booked Tasha in and the vet techs and the vet were shocked to see Tasha run into the surgery and leap on a chair. Last time they saw her 10 days ago she could hardly walk - she was wobbly and just so tired. They did blood tests and everything was good. Tasha had looked bloated after the internal bleed but 10 days later her tummy looked cut again and we were confident she was in the best shape she could be in for surgery.

At noon they called us and told us Tasha was sat up and surgery had gone well and we could pick her up at 4pm. That there was no tumor in her spleen but there was a hole a size of a quarter and they would send part of it off for biopsy.

At 2pm they called again - Tasha had an internal bleed and had died :( We were absolutely devastated and shocked... were had been so excited after they called at noon.

Anyway we both feel like the zeolite and all meat diet had helped Tasha so much and maybe if we had been more patient and less scared - she would still be here. It was fear of losing her that made us opt for surgery thinking we were giving her the best chance. I am not sure what the mass the vet and my partner saw in the original Xray was - honestly xrays are hard to read and I could not really see what they were pointing at on the xray. But at the same time my head was spinning & my eyes were bleary from crying, thinking that we might only have hours left with our big girl - who I had assumed we had at least another 5 years with.

Every day Tasha was on Zeolite she got stronger, I dont honestly know if it was the zeolite, all the praying, Reiki (alternative energy healing), the all meat diet but something miraculous seemed to be happening for Tasha until surgery ended it :( The vet said there are so many blood vessels around the spleen - it is not simple every day surgery.

We can't know what the outcome would of been without surgery. But we both agree if ever faced with the same situation of cancer again with one of our dogs - we will do zeolite not chemo or surgery.

Here is a link to the cheaper zeolite I found and used on ourselves and other dogs (waiora is a pyramid selling machine they bombard us with sales literature and try to get you to become an affialiate) It is super expensive from them they sold us 9 bottles and 9 bottles of some mushroom stuff that Tasha would not take for $700 - the mushroom arigold made her vomit):

http://www.liquidzeolitecompany.com/

If you google zeolite and cancer you will find that many people use it who have cancer. Of course there are people saying it is useless too...all I know is Tasha's health improved from the first day we began the drops. It may of been coincidence but I would use it if I ever got cancer and we were impressed enough to detox ourselves and our other dogs with it. It is tasteless so they do not object to the drops. The person who we brought the waiora from told me to give the 10 drops per hour which is way over the normal dose. But her dog survived spleen cancer with it - so I did. Given that our vet had told us to just make the most of the time we had left - it was worth a try.

Best of luck to you and Tyson -

I'm so sorry to hear about your pup but I just wanted to say...a hemangiosarcoma WILL generally rupture...it's not really a matter of if but when. I've seen 4 dogs in the past month (and too many before that) come in to our clinic with ruptured spleens and it is a very painful and devastating way to lose your dog. I just wanted you to know that you did everything you could for your pup and that you shouldn't doubt what you did for her. She was lucky to have you :hug: Hemangiosarcs suck. They are my biggest fear which is why whenever Buddy is having xrays done anyways, I make sure they do an abdominal.

KittyNyanNyan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby KittyNyanNyan » Sun May 23, 2010 11:04 am

:pray

All fingers, toes, paws, claws and tails crossed for Tyson!

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun May 23, 2010 11:22 am

$500 is insane for a biopsy. We can have them done at our vet (either we use) for roughly $125 which includes the biopsy and the lab fee.
Please call around. There's got to be a vet in your area who does it for less than $500.

That looks like a mast cell tumor which could indeed spring up almost overnight.
And they'd need removed.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sun May 23, 2010 11:27 am

It costs 100 dollars per tumor to send it to the lab for histopathology to find out what it is. Thats not vets being expensive, thats the cost it requires to preserve the tissue, embed it in wax, slice it 2-3 micrometers thick, and have a pathologist look at it and provide a diagnosis. Tack on anesthesia and surgery, and you really aren't going to do much better than 4-600 for multiple masses.

You could probably get them removed without histopathology for much less money, but you'll never know what they were and if they are likely to come back or not. Its also harder to find vets willing to do this however, because in this sue-happy world, its a vets worst nightmare to have to wonder which client might sue you for all your worth because you didn't get the whole tumor.

ClickNtreat
Adolescent Bully

Postby ClickNtreat » Sun May 23, 2010 5:30 pm

AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:
I'm so sorry to hear about your pup but I just wanted to say...a hemangiosarcoma WILL generally rupture...it's not really a matter of if but when. I've seen 4 dogs in the past month (and too many before that) come in to our clinic with ruptured spleens and it is a very painful and devastating way to lose your dog. I just wanted you to know that you did everything you could for your pup and that you shouldn't doubt what you did for her. She was lucky to have you :hug: Hemangiosarcs suck. They are my biggest fear which is why whenever Buddy is having xrays done anyways, I make sure they do an abdominal.

Thank you for the kind words Allison. The only way I could feel certain about our decision is if Tasha had survived. I regret the surgery, but at the same time if she had ruptured again and died then I would of beat myself up emotionally for not having her spleen removed.

Sometimes you just can't win, I don't feel like the outcome was truly in my or the vets hands. But we both tried really hard to save her... We have a really wonderful caring compassionate vet & vet techs and it was clear how badly they felt at our lost.

I would be an emotional wreck doing their jobs and I truly appreciate all they do for our dogs :)

Return to “Health Issues”