holistic care - ears

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
FransterDoo
Addicted to PBF

Re: holistic care - ears

Postby FransterDoo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:18 pm

pblove wrote:Oh and I have a question for you, what do you all waash/bath with since you not fond of soap (and antibacterial gel) ???

I took her statement:
Antibacterial handwash and soap are terrible!

to mean antibacterial handwash and antibacterial soap are terrible. Which I've been told by anyone with an advanced science degree.

Plain old soap is a-ok though. and plenty of hot water and scrubbing.

KsMomma
Newborn Bully

Postby KsMomma » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:43 pm

pblove wrote:not pertaining to your dogs' ears
I was listening to Dr. Mehmet Ox (on his t.v. show this afternoon) He had a short segment on home remedise that are tried and true. He said his wife and him use garlic and olive oil to treat their kids and their own ear infections(though you would be interested in that little tidbit) ;)
Oh and I have a question for you, what do you all waash/bath with since you not fond of soap (and antibacterial gel) ???

I love garlic oil for our ear stuff. Works so amazing for us! Chiros are also great for many types of ear infections, to help the ear drain better. There are doggie chiros, but I wonder if I can find one around here...... :tongue:

We do use soap, but I buy locally made goats' milk, olive oil or castille soap. My kids don't use shampoo in their hair (just water to rinse) and their hair is beautiful and healthy, my kids don't stink despite their lack of soap and shampoo. My husband and I use natural/organic versions of shampoo that aren't as harsh. We'll be looking for a more gentle, natural soap to bathe our sweetie, Zelda. Most of the hand sanitizers aren't antibacterial though - they have alcohol for killing germs. Antibacterial soap has Tricolsan which just isn't cool! If you stick to just plain soap and warm water and rubbing, you'll be just as clean (cleaner!) than using soaps with antibiotics that get into the water supply.

(tripping off the soapbox)

KsMomma
Newborn Bully

Postby KsMomma » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:45 pm

FransterDoo wrote:
pblove wrote:Oh and I have a question for you, what do you all waash/bath with since you not fond of soap (and antibacterial gel) ???

I took her statement:
Antibacterial handwash and soap are terrible!

to mean antibacterial handwash and antibacterial soap are terrible. Which I've been told by anyone with an advanced science degree.

Plain old soap is a-ok though. and plenty of hot water and scrubbing.

Totally! I have an advanced science degree, but now it is used to make homemade playdough. :P

Amie

Postby Amie » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:51 am

KsMomma, you might like our raw honey thread down in the Miscellaneous section.

Return to “Health Issues”