peeing on her dog bed?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
reaper18769
Newborn Bully

peeing on her dog bed?

Postby reaper18769 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:08 pm

the puppies are pretty house trained, i mean if they have to go they will go to the back door and whine so we know ok let them out, now if we dont get to the door in time they sometimes have accidents. Now ive noticed since guava was fixed last week, she seems to be peeing on her bed, or blankets that are on the floor. We JUST let her in and she went over to her bed and peed on it. Meanwhile i watched her pee outside. Im unsure of why she is doing this im not sure if its because she was fixed and maybe she cant hold it right now idk any ideas?

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Re: peeing on her dog bed?

Postby BrokenAquarian » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:57 pm

She may have a urinary tract infection. You should call the vet and discuss it with them - since they did the surgery, the'll probably be concerned about it - especially if it's an abnormal behavior.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:10 pm

BrokenAquarian wrote:She may have a urinary tract infection. You should call the vet and discuss it with them - since they did the surgery, the'll probably be concerned about it - especially if it's an abnormal behavior.

X's 2

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:13 pm

Another vote for a urinary tract infection... I've seen it a few times a few days after a spay surgery...

I'm not sure why surgery would cause it since we don't do anything with the urinary tract, or if they have low-grade puppy UTI's that just get worse with surgery stress or what, but it seems fairly common...

Return to “Health Issues”