Digestive issues continue

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
2fatcatsandapitbull
Adolescent Bully

Re: Digestive issues continue

Postby 2fatcatsandapitbull » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:45 pm

we also use Animal Essentials plant enzymes and probiotics. you can find the ingredient list here:
http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fusea ... entCat=218
the 300 gm lasts about a month and a half with 3 dogs eating a combined 8 cups grain free kibble a day, it will last awhile for a single dog.

WackyJacki
Addicted to PBF

Postby WackyJacki » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:47 am

I'm sorry you're dog is experiencing so many issues. Very frustrating I'm sure!!!

The only thing that helped Fiona (Boston Terrier) with her constant gas, loose stools, etc., was raw. For almost 3 yrs we went from kibble to kibble, low end to super premium, with no luck. Switched to raw and perfect poo ever since!

I'm not trying to talk you into anything, I just don't want you to completely throw that option out the window.

Best of luck and please keep us updated.

IloveBlu
Matured Bully

Postby IloveBlu » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:30 pm

Bought Animal Essentials Plant Enzymes and Probiotics today at our local pet boutique (who charged 27.99 for the smaller container! but I wanted to get it in him right away).

Also started fish oil 2,000mg/day for now.

<crosses fingers>

My vet is trying to convince me to try the Iams Kangaroo food. http://www.iams.com/iams/en_US/jsp/IAMS ... ductID=104
First ingredient is oats :huh?:

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:21 pm

Don't forget the vitamin e with the salmon oil. You can work up to a higher dose too. I do 4000mg a day for Khan during "allergy season" and generally a little less in the winter.

Do you do baths? I probably asked before, but I don't remember if I did.

IloveBlu
Matured Bully

Postby IloveBlu » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:54 pm

I do the allergy baths, thought I have been slacking a bit. He gets wiped down with cold wet clothes several times per day after he comes in from outside. He'll get bathed tomorrow. I have the RX keta....(can't think of the rest right now) from the vet but I've found that the organic tea tree oil shampoo works just the same.

IloveBlu
Matured Bully

Postby IloveBlu » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:17 am

How much Vit E should I give to start with? I think I've asked this before and gotten varying responses....I was giving it to him before but thought it may have been too much/diarrhea culprit so stopped. I think I did 200 IU/day.

I want to give the fish oil a week or so before adding it so if he has stomach problems I can identify what caused it.

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:06 pm

How much does he weigh?

More than likely 200 I.U is what you should be giving him. That is the recommended dose for medium dogs.

IloveBlu
Matured Bully

Postby IloveBlu » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:22 am

50-52lbs.

I bathed him with the RX shampoo yesterday which seemed to help. Can you buy that as a generic at the store? The one from our vet is pretty expensive and it seems to take a A LOT of shampoo to clean him.

He had one diarrhea episode yesterday but the rest of his poops( he poops 3-4X a day..which i think is way too much) from Friday, yesterday and this morning were actually fine. Not bad for just having added the fish oil, maybe he's improving on the probiotic powder.

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:45 pm

I just use a regular gentle allergy shampoo on Khan and chlorhexiderm shampoo if his feet are red and raw. I bath at least once a week in the summer since I know he has environmental allergies(grass and other stuff). I bath less in the winter.

Return to “Health Issues”