My baby sliced his foot open!!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Bandits_Mom
Adolescent Bully

My baby sliced his foot open!!

Postby Bandits_Mom » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:43 pm

I know it could be worse...but I got home from work today and my dog had sliced his paw open...had to go get stitches...he was outside...and my mom who lives with me...said he just had just started bleeding....he is still out from the anthesia...hate seeing him knocked out. He is still in my backseat with the car door open in the garage (cool and with a fan on him) cuz I don't want to hurt him by trying to pick him up...no need to...I worry about him like hes my kid...waiting for him to fully wake up its seeming like forever!! And on top of it..can't find a single thing outside or inside he could of cut it on

Bandits_Mom
Adolescent Bully

Re: My baby sliced his foot open!!

Postby Bandits_Mom » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:46 pm

K just went to check on him and his tails a thumping in the back seat...my baby is waking up....yeah!! Its still scary even if they are just knocked out from anesthia..I don't like it!!

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby HappyPuppy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:53 pm

Whoa - poor pupper! Good thing you could get it taken care of right away... hope recovery is speedy!!

Bandits_Mom
Adolescent Bully

Postby Bandits_Mom » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:05 pm

Thanks!! I was up with up til one in the morn he had an accident on the bed and got sick coming out of the anethesia...I hate having my pets put under and its scary watching them come out of it...hate it. But he's fine today...just limping a little and got to keep him from chewing off his bandages...thanks again its nice to have comforting words when your so nervous!!

Sailboat
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Sailboat » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:49 am

How's he doing now?

Bandits_Mom
Adolescent Bully

Postby Bandits_Mom » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:19 am

Thanks for asking!! Yesterday was the 5th day and he left it alone until then...he got the bandage off and the stitches out lol. The meat of the paw healed back together but the padding above it is just loose and still split open. Its weird looking.The vet said the padding is made of dead cells and will take a long time to heal...I don't think the stitches would help the padding grow back together if its just dead material. I imagine he will keep it clean...thats what they do. I am still dumbfounded on what he cut it on...there is nothing in our back yard. The vet said it was too clean of a slice to be a nail and I have a wood fence and deck so I am thinking maybe the back door...who knows lol

Return to “Health Issues”