These damn puppies are going to be the death of me.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

These damn puppies are going to be the death of me.

Postby chewbecca » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:26 am

So far, I have had to attempt to dig out a flip-flop strap out of Luke's mouth and just now he was chomping on, I think, all of the continent of Asia that he ripped off his orbee ball. Like, the ENTIRE continent, WHOLE.
The flip-flop strap situation happened when my friend came over and we were visiting in the kitchen and the puppies were playing right in front of us, but managed to sneak and take off with my friend's flip-flop.
Luke ate off about a 1" piece or so. I was not lucky enough to retrieve the piece from his mouth before he swallowed it (and I had my whole hand practically down his throat).

I just did my best to cut off ALL the continents on the orbee balls.
Because, yes, they WILL ingest what they chew off.
They don't just rip them off and toss them aside like maybe an adult dog would do.
They will actually eat whatever they rip off.

And I am soooooo paranoid about obstructions.

I got Asia out of his mouth, THANK GOD.
But not the 1" piece of flip-flop strap.

They typically don't get a hold of much they shouldn't have because I do pretty good about watching them when they are not crated. And the orbee ball, it just sounded like he was chewing on the ball itself, but I happened to glance over and noticed the ball sitting in front of him, and he had his head up, chomping away on Asia.

And don't get me started on the ciccadas ingested, or the locusts, flies, moths, sticks, pine cones, balls of grass, balls of dirt, and all of those nature-type things.

I will have a head of white hair by the time these puppies are adults, I bet. lol

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Re: These damn puppies are going to be the death of me.

Postby dogs4jen » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:42 am

I know what you mean. I still have to watch Austin like a hawk, and he's a year and three quarters or close to two years old. Just last week he grabbed the zoom groom out of the bathroom closet and ate most of it. He was pooping out blue spikes for a while-good thing it's soft. :po:

Munkos
Super Bully

Postby Munkos » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:38 am

Oh I am right there with you with my two pups!

Actually Mina is really good, she doesn't seem interested in chewing up much other than the bed or blankets, which even still I don't like - but SHE spits things out! The only things she eats which bother me are poop and sticks, both of which come back. Poop that smells like vomit the second time around is not fun to clean up!

Dante will put his mouth on anything it will fit around, and it's often the most obscure things. He tries to eat all my flowers, he'll pull a used fabric sheet out of the garbage in the laundry room if he manages to nose the door open enough (it's a sliding pocket door) He'll try to eat lint. He'll walk up to the couch, give it a good chomp then walk away. Shoes, money, bottle caps. Really, ANYTHING. My beagle was like this too, so thankfully we learned with her and have been much better with supervising Dante more and so far I don't think he's had an opportunity to destroy or eat anything - but he would given the chance. Funny enough though, he treasures his own things - he's the only dog out of the three that can have stuffed toys, because he won't try to wreck them, his blankets are pristine, not even an attempted nibble on them. The other two destroy toys like it's their purpose in life and they both chew blankets.

Mina is darn near ready to be left alone in the house. I can't even go pee without crating Dante.

My guys are creating their fare share of white and grey hair otherwise though. Mina has discovered to jump on the kitchen chairs, she jumps the baby gate, Dante just knocks it down or tries to suicide himself over the top from the top of the couch. 3 legged dog + 4 foot fall = not good!

I'm glad my beagle was the most difficult puppy I have ever owned in my life now. These two would seem way worse than they do, if we didn't have her as a puppy first!

pitsnok
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby pitsnok » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:40 pm

Degan tears things up, makes a pile next to him, and then Harlow proceeds to eat said pile. We have to have a constant eye on her because she will eat ANYTHING. The funny thing is that Degan is the only one we have ever had to make throw up to retrieve 'snacks'... He is sneaky and will disappear to eat something he knows he isn't supposed to... and he has a taste for masking, and painters tapes.

littleCloClo
Bully Ambassador

Postby littleCloClo » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:51 pm

Well, on the plus side of things, Luke will learn to always let you dig around in his mouth! Chloe liked to chew everything so she will let us play pinochle in her mouth if we wanted to.

chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby chewbecca » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:43 am

Luke will attempt to chew on the wheels of my office chair. WHILE I AM SITTING IN IT.
Whenever I am getting stuff out of my dresser drawers, and I have them open, he'll come up and start trying to chew on the drawer as it's open!

Yesterday, I was using zip ties to put my rats cage together, and he kept trying to chew them off as I was putting them on.

He managed to get one of the zip ties, so I had to dig that out of his mouth, too!

The death of me, I tell you!!!!

turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby turtle » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:31 am

Ahhh the joys of puppies! And 2 puppies at once, you are brave indeed.

Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

Postby Jazzy » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:56 pm

littleCloClo wrote:Well, on the plus side of things, Luke will learn to always let you dig around in his mouth! Chloe liked to chew everything so she will let us play pinochle in her mouth if we wanted to.

That is the one up side.

Veronica is so used to me rooting around in her mouth in a panicked frenzy; I can literlly pull out food while she is in the process of chewing it.

Not that I have to do that much anymore. :))

jtalt7
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jtalt7 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:29 pm

Ahhhh, the orbee world. That was one of the things we dug out of Newton's stomach for his 1st of 3 blockages. I guess it doesnt help to tell you he is 10yrs old and still pulling stuff like that.

Good luck, I wish I had better advice for you then what I am sure you are already doing.

Sailboat
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Sailboat » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:52 am

chewbecca wrote:I got Asia out of his mouth, THANK GOD.

Heh. Maybe it's true what they say about pit bulls after all!

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:04 pm

Jazzy wrote:
littleCloClo wrote:Well, on the plus side of things, Luke will learn to always let you dig around in his mouth! Chloe liked to chew everything so she will let us play pinochle in her mouth if we wanted to.

That is the one up side.

Veronica is so used to me rooting around in her mouth in a panicked frenzy; I can literlly pull out food while she is in the process of chewing it.

Not that I have to do that much anymore. :))

LOL! Last night I heard a chomp chomp chomp thunk thunk thunk and a White PitBull at my side...

This body language is PitBull talk for "I did not do it, it is the 'bad one'. See, I'M HERE!"
The noises are all FLOWER

Well, Flower *shock* had grabbed a visor of mine and had started to play with it in the best of places, Jasmine's crate. Why the pups go in there is beyond me, but play land it was thunk-thunk.

My fingers went in her mouth so fast she was like "WazzzIt?? Zo confuuzed"
At least her breath is still decent lol

mtlu
Addicted to PBF

Postby mtlu » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:16 pm

Oh geez. Molly is a toy destroyer and I check the orbee continents frequently to make sure the world is still as we know it. So far so good.

During the first month we had Molly, I was leashing her to me in the house and BF grudgingly did the same. One afternoon, he fell asleep on the couch and Molly freed herself by chewing though the leash. She threw up a 1"x5" hunk of red leash the next morning and pooped red linty bits for a few days. lol I can laugh about it now but I was pretty freaked out at the time.

Maven
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Maven » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Ari must put everything in his mouth. I believe my laptop chord and a little zap might have cured him of chewing on chords.
My Blue tooth is missing and unless it is somewhere in my mess of a truck i have a feeling it is in Ari.
I do have additional grey hair since Ari came into my life.
He LOVES my clothes. He only wrecks socks. But lovingly steals and gently mouths and falls asleep on his latest "victim." That I don't bother to scold him for. I kinda figure the clothes smell like me and he likes it..

Munkos
Super Bully

Postby Munkos » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Mine play tug-o-war with my bras. They haven't wrecked on yet, but it's definitely not a game I am willing to let them play lol

jtalt7
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jtalt7 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:01 pm

This will make you feel better.

Boz was un usually quiet just now...........went to find him. He was chewing on a razor. A freakin razor.

Return to “Health Issues”