shedding...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
reaper18769
Newborn Bully

shedding...

Postby reaper18769 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:15 pm

Hello :) some of you may of may not know that guava and bruiser have both had mange..they recieved their dips and were cleared about 3 months ago and their skin and coats have been pretty good..they have some scars from where they would scratch the crap out of their skin but other than that theyre coats are beautiful..however a few days ago we noticed that they have both been shedding a lot..i guess since they have had mange any little thing that involves their skin or coats we worry about and we keep very aware of any changes. We live in south florida so i dont see why they would be shedding with the changing of the seasons or anything lol..their coats are pretty thick so maybe theyre just dropping some excess off? lol its not leaving any bald spots or anything just curious what my fellow PBF peeps may think.

also, what would you recommend for a nice healthy skin and coat?

Munkos
Super Bully

Re: shedding...

Postby Munkos » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:59 pm

I bet their adult coats are coming in!

My pups started shedding a few weeks ago, and now my poor white and cream couches are covered in little black puppy hairs. They also had mange when we brought them home at 12 weeks, but they've been clear for a few months. Dante's coat has gone really, really soft since they started shedding so I'm not concerned that it's anything medically wrong or food related.

Your pups are probably starting the same transition from the soft fuzzy puppy coats into their adult coats, which will shed all the time. If you notice any change in the hair - coarser, drier, dull, dandruffy, etc you might be looking at allergies or over-exposure to drying things like bathing or AC, but otherwise it's probably just the pups growing up!

reaper18769
Newborn Bully

Re: shedding...

Postby reaper18769 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:26 am

awesome !!! wow i feel like such a mom my little babies are growing up =/ .. THIS IS SOOO EXCITING hahaha <3 thanks !!

Return to “Health Issues”