Natural Balance Dog Food Rolls as training treat?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
wink03
Newborn Bully

Natural Balance Dog Food Rolls as training treat?

Postby wink03 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:08 pm

I was told if you take Natural Balance Dog Food Rolls and just break off a bunch of little pieces they will make great training treat, wondering if anyone has ever tried this and what you think of this.

I will be picking up my 8 week old pup friday 8/20 so i am looking forward to the start of a long and fun relationship!

chako
Bully Ambassador

Re: Natural Balance Dog Food Rolls as training treat?

Postby chako » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:15 pm

Yep tried it - perfectly fine to do.

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:34 pm

Heck yeah!

and if you want to chop it up in squares really well, take a food chopper that makes everything in squares and take slices of the NB and push it through. Perfect for training size.

If you are doing heavy training, like with a puppy (or a Capone...) the big ones are good, but since I don't go through all that much treating, I buy the smaller size rolls so I'm sure not to waste any or get it all dried up etc.
The tough part is figuring out how much you need. Since it has to be refrigerated after you open it, figure out how much you need per day. OR you could also mix some kibble with it and have a filler that smells like the other good stuff.

My dummy loves eating his kibble as a training treat... but I also use 1 or 2 other kinds in the rotation every day so he does not get bored.

chako
Bully Ambassador

Postby chako » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:04 pm

What else makes great training treats - thin filets of steak. I buy them from the grocery store (cheapest cuts available, pretty reasonable) and bake the steak for a long time (almost burned). Let it dry out/cool, cut into bits and pieces and put in a baggie.

Return to “Health Issues”