On his rear paw ?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
avrgmike
Newborn Bully

On his rear paw ?

Postby avrgmike » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:48 pm

Maybe it's just a scrape or cut healing that I never saw. Maybe it's not. Had Zeus at vet last week for his last booster shot. At the time this spot was like a rough patch almost like scraped on the cement, was dark in color too. Now a week later it looks like the following pics. Slightly raised and red. Starting to worry a little. Any thoughts ? You can see on edges how it was darker colored b4. Ty in advance.
Michael

ClickNtreat
Adolescent Bully

Re: On his rear paw ?

Postby ClickNtreat » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:02 pm

It looks like a burn to me in the photo.

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:51 pm

I'd take him back to the vet.

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:54 pm

Is it just on that one toe? Does he have any lesions on any of this other feet? Is he licking or chewing his feet?

avrgmike
Newborn Bully

Postby avrgmike » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:05 am

Can't see it being a burn nowhere he could of really got burnt in yard or in house.
The vet saw it during the appt n said it looked like a scrape. Checked everything else said he was ok, his lifnotes or something on back of rear legs were slightly puffy. Said was probably from the toe maybe fighting off a infection or from the recovery of paw.
No legions or marks on any other areas. Yes I have seen him chewing at paws b4 when playing at times w toys figured that was normal though. Looked didn't see any cut or anything.
He Walsh normal on it, no limp or signs of tenderness. I'll have to check it real good in the next day or so to see what it does then maybe back to vet. Idk.

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:41 am

It looks very similar to when Buddy had furunculosis. She had those lesions on most of her feet, all along the outside of her toes like that. None of them were that big though.

Since she vomits when given the antibiotic cephalexin, we treated her with 8 weeks of convenia and it went away!

Return to “Health Issues”