Just got our boy neutered.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
yaegersnewfamily
Adolescent Bully

Just got our boy neutered.

Postby yaegersnewfamily » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:52 pm

He's so out of it.. we're praying for a speedy recovery.

Any of you have experience getting a fully developed male pit neutered? I ask because well, to be frank, he had quite a large.. ahem, pair. Now that those are gone, the skin kind of well, hangs.. droops, if you will. There's quite a bit of skin. Does it ever shrink down, or get smaller? Or does it just stay "baggy"? It's just a cosmetic thing, so it's no big deal, I'm just curious as to weather it will look better or just the way it is.

pitsnok
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Just got our boy neutered.

Postby pitsnok » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:15 pm

My friend's boxer has what we call his 'coin purse' and we often joke because he is obviously broke.

He has only been neutered for a few months but I think it'll stay that way...

Shanda
Addicted to PBF

Postby Shanda » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:24 pm

Ruadh was neutered 10 yrs ago and still has his coin purse. He's clearly broke, too lol

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:13 pm

I like when they just remove the purse. Less to rub on me!

Shanda
Addicted to PBF

Postby Shanda » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Scrotal ablations aren't that common in my experience; I've only had vets do them if there was a complication, otherwise it's just cosmetic. The incision for castration is actually very, very low on the abdomen, so there's no need to cut into the scrotum itself.

To the OP, adult dogs are often a little "puffy" down there at first but once he's all healed up the scrotum should be flatter than a pancake.

Oh, the things we dog folk speak of ;)

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:28 pm

I'd rather look at dog balls than an empty skin flap twisting in the wind lol
I got my Boxer neutered when his nuts were just tiny marbles for that reason. The sack never goes away.
I once asked my vet(male) about just removing the whole scrotal sack - he kinda twitched and said he'd prefer not to because it's such a sensative area. I understand, but the emotions playing out on his face cracked me up.

Not that I wouldn't own a flappy male or have an adult male done, but I think it's uglier than dog balls. haha

yaegersnewfamily
Adolescent Bully

Postby yaegersnewfamily » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:52 am

Well that's why I was asking.. he had quite an "impressive" pair, people would comment on it all the time, and now it's just empty.

Poor broke Yaeger and his droopy coin purse. roflmao

Otis
Addicted to PBF

Postby Otis » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:38 pm

Oy, yeah my old foster Rocky had one too, he also had quite the pair on him...we often joked that the only thing keeping him from tipping over onto his gigantic head, was his gigantic...

WackyJacki
Addicted to PBF

Postby WackyJacki » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:59 pm

They might shrink a bit.... but yes.... he'll probably have a droopy coin purse. roflmao

Glad I have girls! :))

pitsnok
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby pitsnok » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:27 pm

Boss and Ollie get neutered on Thursday... then we'll have TWO droopy coin purses around here!

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:10 am

Martin has hardly anything now, though right after his neuter you would swear they forgot to remove them

yaegersnewfamily
Adolescent Bully

Postby yaegersnewfamily » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:36 pm

That's probably due to some swelling.. Yaeger's are like that once in awhile, maybe a difference in temperature? roflmao .. sometimes I do a double take because it looks as if they are still there, but you can clearly tell they're gone when he's laying down and it's flat as a pancake drooping down his back leg. Nice mental image there, ay? He doesn't seem to care one bit, he's back to his old self running and jumping though we try to get him to take it easy.

He's even started to "drag" already.. I don't know if any of your boys/girls do this but when he gets off the couch or our bed(it's low to the ground) he plants his front paws firm on the ground and slowly scoots his way forward dragging his entire back half off the end. It's the funniest looking thing, I gotta capture it in a picture one of these days.

Return to “Health Issues”