Why do you feed the food you do?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Why do you feed the food you do?

Postby Angela Adams » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:33 am

Anyone feed Nature's Logic?
http://www.natureslogic.com/

tiva
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby tiva » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:43 am

Mostly Wellness Super5, on our vet's recommendation. But Tiva's mast cell tumors have returned, so we've switched her back to TOTW, since it's grain-free. I'm not convinced that will help anything, given her age, but it can't hurt.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:12 am

They believe "enzymes" are necessary to aid digestion in a diet that is more natural and closer to what nature intended...

Hype hype hype... with a little bull@$% thrown in.

Timas Mom
Matured Bully

Postby Timas Mom » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:45 pm

Natures Logic is one of my best sellers.
I like they use no artificial ingredients and all vitamins/minerals are food sourced.
Ive had people switch from Orijen and have smaller poops and be happier with it. I like millet as the carb source.

Haileys_Saviour
Adolescent Bully

Postby Haileys_Saviour » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:02 am

When I first got Hailey from the humane society, she was on Science Diet. She was okay with it, didn't do so bad but not so good either.
I switched her to TOTW - Prairie and she did pretty good as well. She still wasn't that energetic since she was healing from her spay, but for the most part, she looked happier and healthier.

After that, I decided to give Innova EVO: Chicken and Turkey a try, at first she had somewhat loose stools and gas but after a few days, she thrived on it. Right now she's on Innova EVO: Red Meat and she does great! Small and firm stools, extremely energetic, little to no gas, and she's getting really cut.

The only problem I have is I'm concerned about the whole 'too much protein can give your dog pancreatitis' thing. It really freaks me out, even though she seems like she's healthier than ever. Her water intake is also the same. Nothing has really changed.. but you know mother's.. lol

I'm slowly switching her to raw. She snacks on raw beef bones daily, so I figured, why not?
Right now she gets half a cup of kibble and raw ox tails. Sometimes I'll give her a raw egg or unsweetened frozen apple sauce.

Where does everyone get their meat to feed raw? Are there places I can buy meat in bulk?

Melody
Forum Junky

Postby Melody » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:17 am

I'm switching my dogs to TOTW Prairie. 30lb bag on Amazon is $51 and shipped free. I had Magnum seen by a holistic vet and she recommended a grain free diet for him, due to his itchy skin. Maui has been gassy lately and I would like to see how they do on the new food. Ordering a bag this week since I'm down to about 2 weeks worth of Kirkland Signature and would like to switch them over kinda slow.

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:06 pm

We have been feeding Charlotte and Buddy Taste of the Wild for a while now and they have been doing pretty good on it. Shiny coats and skin, Charlotte has lost weight etc. My only complaint is that their poop smells HORRIBLE! It is really gross when Buddy has an accident in his diaper(He is a paraplegic) on this food. On Diamond Naturals they did not have smelly poop but Charlotte's coat was starting to get dry and flaky.

So now it is back to the drawing board on what new dog food we will try now....

Return to “Health Issues”