Yeast Infection? Please Help - With Pics

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
willyg44
Newborn Bully

Re: Yeast Infection? Please Help - With Pics

Postby willyg44 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:12 pm

JennieLynne wrote:OH!!!! I'd also invest in an aloe plant... whenever we get bumps, we cut a piece off and apply the cooling liquid. Stops her from itching and helps the healing.

Ohhhh we actually do have an aloe plant in our backyard we use at times. Didn't think of using it for Leo, I'll try that!

To give an update, it's been about a week with no chicken and TOTW lamb variety kibble and virtually all of that redness is gone. There is just a little patch still by his privates. No other environmental factors have changed.

doglove
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby doglove » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:31 am

I'm glad you seem to have weeded out his problem. Hopefully it stops with the chicken, and your boy can be healthy and happy again. Have you talked to the grocer about cheap pork? I just made friends with a local butcher here, who's willing to sell me pork (meaty bones, necks, feet, ears, snouts) for a decent price.

JennieLynne
Newborn Bully

Postby JennieLynne » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:32 pm

willyg44 wrote:
JennieLynne wrote:OH!!!! I'd also invest in an aloe plant... whenever we get bumps, we cut a piece off and apply the cooling liquid. Stops her from itching and helps the healing.

Ohhhh we actually do have an aloe plant in our backyard we use at times. Didn't think of using it for Leo, I'll try that!

To give an update, it's been about a week with no chicken and TOTW lamb variety kibble and virtually all of that redness is gone. There is just a little patch still by his privates. No other environmental factors have changed.

The aloe plant is a miracle worker! The best part is if you cut a big enough chunk off you can put it in the fridge and keep using it till its gone. No need to waste! Glad the little guys doing better. Keep us posted!

magillicutty_momma
Newborn Bully

Postby magillicutty_momma » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:06 pm

willyg44 wrote:

Glad you got it figured out! Our babies have reactions like that sometimes too..mainly when seasons change and the leaves are falling or new things are blooming lol which is like ALL THE TIME HERE lol. But, I was going to say that in the last photo of his chin looked like puppy acne...Kowa was having a bit of that and so I had read somewhere plastic bowls were to blame...and I had a plastic water bowl (one of many strategically placed water bowls in the house). Every since I made them all glass or stainless steel it has been a lot better...although, I am a bit OCD and they require more clean-up it seems. lol

Return to “Health Issues”