Venus Update!!!!!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
bullimom
Newborn Bully

Venus Update!!!!!

Postby bullimom » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:07 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that Venus is home after her surgery! She was spayed today and got all of her shots updated! She's doing great. Turns out she definitely was pregnant but all the pups were way underdeveloped so they aborted them. :crybaby: On the bright side though Venus is heartworm free (which was a concern considering she's never been on preventative).

Now that Venus is home though the pain meds are wearing off and she's whimpering a little bit. Is there anything I can give her for the pain? When Hemi had his surgery they told us to give him half a tylenol. Is this okay? I expected her to be in some pain but I'd really like her to be as comfortable as possible. Needless to say the "no dogs on the couch" rule has gone out the window for right now. :wow

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Re: Venus Update!!!!!

Postby PitBull-Lady » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:19 pm

glad the surgery went well :thumbsup:

they should have given you some Rimadyl or something higher in dose than Tylenol. Give the vet a call and see it you can get something. They are troopers, but it does not mean they do not hurt. :)

bullimom
Newborn Bully

Re: Venus Update!!!!!

Postby bullimom » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:59 pm

they didn't give her anything. All they sent home was Drontal for the hook worms and Lixotine (spelling) for nutritional supplements. I've got some sedatives for her but i'm worried it's too soon after her surgery.

Return to “Health Issues”