how often do you bath your dogs?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: how often do you bath your dogs?

Postby Mooresmajestic » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:07 am

Lucy gets a bath two or three times a year. even with all her white, she is a very clean dog and rarely smells. I really only give her one when she starts shedding so I can get rid of the hair everywhere.

Violet gets a bath about twice a month, right before every show. She is also always dirty, and smells like whatever she rolled in. Thank goodness she is dark!

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:42 am

Generally depends on how Khan's allergies are. Anywhere from a few times a week to once a month. In the summer and fall he generally is bathed pretty frequently because of his allergies...at least once a week. Through the winter we cut down.

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:48 am

not very often...Paver should probably be bathed at least once a month, he's intact, and intact males smell...lol...Bug gets a bath when she has decided that rolling in something stinky was fun. Bio, gets a bath when my daughters decide to do it. Sky, again very rarely. Dot..ummmm...yeah, it's been a while..lol

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:15 pm

ProudMommy77 wrote:not very often...Paver should probably be bathed at least once a month, he's intact, and intact males smell...

Omg right?? So I don't imagine the funk of Backup??

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:17 pm

nope...they really do stink....it's annoying..it almost makes me want to neuter him..LOL.

Red Chrome

Postby Red Chrome » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:35 pm

Adrianne wrote:
ProudMommy77 wrote:not very often...Paver should probably be bathed at least once a month, he's intact, and intact males smell...

Omg right?? So I don't imagine the funk of Backup??

I don't know what kinda intact males you guys have but mine doesn't stink!!!! lol lol lol But he also gets bathed every 8 weeks and has doggie cologne. lol lol I'm sure that he would if he didn't have that.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:49 pm

lol this thread made me realize how "doggy" my guys smell, they are getting baths tonight!!
(i think i am so used to their smell i dont notice it anymore.. it isnt a bad smell though... i think...)

Im also so used to ferrets and bathing (as in dont unless you absolutely have too) that i forget that doesnt go for all aminals.

nic
Forum Junky

Postby nic » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:05 am

My intact boys don't stink either lol
Neither do my ferrets,and I never bath them,That would just be plain dangerous.....to me!

gixxerific
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby gixxerific » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:23 pm

Maya had several emergency baths a month (at times) where you had to pick her up and carry to the bath since she would be covered in mud, or after she thought it was cool to roll around in chocolate which happened more than I care to think about. :po: lol

But barring any of that I would bathe her on minimum once a month with a good oatmeal shampoo for dogs.

jtalt7
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jtalt7 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:19 am

I am lucky enough that I can walk next door to my work and get my guys groomed basically any day of the week. So I usually get a bath for one of my guys once a week. So whoever is the smelliest that week gets a bath. It works out to everyone usually getting a bath every 6 wks.

Some get bathed more frequently then others but no one goes without if they are stanky :)

Thankfully I no longer have to wrestle them in the bathtub as I got the hook up. It pays to have dogs that everyone loves, Bean is practically a celebrity.

Munkos
Super Bully

Postby Munkos » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:28 am

Does I can't remember the last time I bathed them, count? haha.

My dogs are all quite prissy - they don't like icky dirty things. Well, that's not true. My beagle likes to roll on dead worms in the summer - but I don't have mud dogs, they don't like water really, so my guys stay pretty clean. The pups have had one bath in the last year...and the beagle..hmmm.....maybe about the same, if even.

TahsSunny
Addicted to PBF

Postby TahsSunny » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:55 am

I bath my two every 3 weeks. I used to bath Sunny every few months cause I was lazy but soon enough, his fur must have kept dirt in his fur or something because dirt was always left on my bed and I got sick of it so I bathed him and realized I needed to wash him every 3 weeks to stop the dirt from coming inside.

The wash keeps them nice and clean before I wash them again.

I don't wash them myself, I get a lady to come around and do it. I know I could do it myself for free but her washes are so much better!.

Meaghan Edwards
Addicted to PBF

Postby Meaghan Edwards » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:30 pm

Once a month, at the very most, with the exception of Suki's allergy season, when she gets just plain water baths and her oatmeal baths.

Annika
Addicted to PBF

Postby Annika » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:56 pm

We bathe Piper when she is icky. So it varies. Never more often than every other week. We used to do her every other week regardless, because we are neat freaks...but then we realized, she can really last longer, and stay soft and odorless.

We bathe her less in winter, because everything's frozen and she just gets less dirty. And since the humidity is so low, her skin and fur are dry and less oily.

In summer, we average probably once a month. We might scrub her up sooner if her white paws look dirty or if she feels a little bit oily. We might delay longer if it's been a month and she is still soft and clean-looking.

Washing her bedding more often than we used to is helping to prolong the time she can stay out of the tub, and we ALL appreciate that around here. lol

onious
Newborn Bully

Postby onious » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:38 am

Kimbo usually gets a bath every other week. He starts to get a outdoorsy smell and it stinks up whatever room he goes in to. I use the oatmeal shampoo mixed a few drops of Neem Oil, excellent smell and a a nice healthy coat to go with it. He still doesnt care for baths though, he just sits there and stares at me, like "are you serious"? lol

Return to “Health Issues”