Trying to age my lil girl

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
The_pit_boy
Newborn Bully

Trying to age my lil girl

Postby The_pit_boy » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:33 am

Hey all just relly trying to guess what age my lil jayda is we were to believe she would be 6 months in jan but tbh she still seems really tiny for 5 months, i know dog aging is done by teeth so any advice on what to look for as she seems to have all her teeth. But just being so small is confusing me as i want to get her done, also what age roughly do they start there monthly girlie things lol

Thanx all

gixxerific
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Trying to age my lil girl

Postby gixxerific » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:52 pm

Taker her to a vet they will be able to give a good guess.

Hopefully you have been to a vet for her shots already.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:12 pm

If she has her adult canines she is more than 6 months old... after that, its all a guess.

The_pit_boy
Newborn Bully

Postby The_pit_boy » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:48 pm

Well last time she went to vet was for puppy jabs and wont need to go again till 12 months but may be different in usa but want to spay her at around 6 mnths .i know she was teething this month front teeth not sure on rear teeth. But she is still doing her teething thing on a pillow. I may just book a appt with my vet and have a quick health check and see how she is doing at whteva age she is.

gixxerific
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby gixxerific » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:31 pm

LOL I don't think Pits ever get over "the teething" thing. roflmao Maybe when they are senior citizens, maybe. :wow

The_pit_boy
Newborn Bully

Postby The_pit_boy » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:55 pm

Ha ha ha ha mmmm true but i know this is her teething thing as its the only thing she does sortof bite but doesnt destroy lol.
I wish i could speak to dogs and just ask her he he

Also a little off topic but she humps my gf dog who is a yr old i know its mainly dominence and is normal but is there anything i should be aware of i.e negative sides to it ??

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:40 pm

The_pit_boy wrote:Also a little off topic but she humps my gf dog who is a yr old i know its mainly dominence and is normal but is there anything i should be aware of i.e negative sides to it ??

Very rude doggie social behavior. You should discourage it. The older dog may tell her off, which is acceptable as long as you are right there to monitor, IMO. If she goes on thinking it is alright, a different dog may take exception to it and she could wind up hurt.
My boys did it when they were younger and quickly learned from the older gal in our home that it was not tolerable. Occasionally one of the dogs will try it while playing and we stop them because I know it could easily lead to a brawl. (I have three dogs and they are not allowed to play unsupervised-- and rarely all three are allowed to play together at the same time)

Good luck! Your girl is very cute.

The_pit_boy
Newborn Bully

Postby The_pit_boy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:09 am

Mmm i thought that as our next door neighbours rotty used to tell sammie our older dog off for it. And thing is ven though she is the youngest she is alpha to the rotty who is 2 and sammie who is 1 so i think i need to keep an eye as rotty may try to fight for alpha status and i know my lil jay being what she is will not give up lol

But they. Seem to all be fine together so its down to me to keep order between them !

bossdog08
Newborn Bully

Postby bossdog08 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:56 pm

The_pit_boy wrote:also what age roughly do they start there monthly girlie things lol

Monthly girlie things? What are you talking about?

trexgorawrrrrr
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby trexgorawrrrrr » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:01 am

bossdog08 wrote:
The_pit_boy wrote:also what age roughly do they start there monthly girlie things lol

Monthly girlie things? What are you talking about?

Well it's not monthly, but i'm guessing it normally starts around 6 months. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it happens about 2x a year or every 5-6 months. If you have her spayed sometime soon then you won't have to worry about it.

bossdog08
Newborn Bully

Postby bossdog08 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:05 am

I am shocked that anyone would own a dog and not know about it's basic bodily functions. Especially since they already know what spaying is.

The_pit_boy
Newborn Bully

Postby The_pit_boy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:19 am

HEY IM A GUY lol i know what it is just from researching i know its not monthly its just the easyest way i could think to ask it lol and its so different with the information you get online so thought owners would know whats best ?

but thanx again

Return to “Health Issues”