Thought of this question and was curious....

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Sailboat
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Thought of this question and was curious....

Postby Sailboat » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:13 pm

2.5 times a day, so to speak. A morning bowl about half to 3/4 full of kibble each, which they can "save" if they don't feel like eating immediately (and thus "free feed" from it during the workday -- they're separated by a barrier); a mid-day walk and snack of peanut-butter kongs; and in the evening, a half-cup of warmed home-cooked and a half bowl of kibble.

NewOrleansSaint
Bully Ambassador

Postby NewOrleansSaint » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:48 pm

Saint eats twice a day: in the mornings generally around when we're getting ready for work and sometime in the afternoon/evening after his walk. Not set times per say, but they generally end up being around the same hour or so.

I like not keeping a rigid time becasue on the weekends he'll let us sleep later if we want. :tongue:

Oh, and he eats all meals from this work-to-eat dealy: http://www.amazon.com/Premier-Busy-Budd ... B001F0RRUA

Love it!

star_frances
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby star_frances » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:17 pm

My dogs each get 3/4 of a cup of kibble twice a day mixed in with some water so they don't eat too fast.
In the morning they also get their supplements (fish oil for both, probiotics for both, and a joint supplement for Moira).
In the evening they also get something fun tossed in - a small apple slice, a piece of broccoli, baby carrots, cottage cheese, whatever I have on hand that is good.
training treats and "cookies" applied liberally as needed. lol

star_frances
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby star_frances » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:21 pm

pitsnok wrote:I wish we could do 'throwing' or food puzzles. I would if we just had one dog!

Same here. I have a Buster Cube and a treat-dispensing ball that I used all the time when I just had Moira and fewer cats. But now with our current living situation and an additional dog and 8 cats it's too hard to keep inter-species food guarding at bay.

Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Mooresmajestic » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:15 pm

pitsnok wrote:I wish we could do 'throwing' or food puzzles. I would if we just had one dog!

In my house Vi works to get the food out while Lucy and the cats run around behind her cleaning up anything she misses! I have to give Lucy a lot of credit for figuring out how to benefit from all of Vi's hard work. lol

Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby Enigma » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:54 pm

Hmm... You people are on to something lol Giving all of their meals in food dispensing toys is an awesome idea. I've tried it today, Jaka is still working on his Jolly Pets Monster Mouth filled with kibble, he already had two full kongs before that. He never ate his meal so slowly since he's been here, he just gobbles all up when i put his bowl down. Brina is the same, she ate her meal from the Aikiou food dispensing toy today and she's crazy about that thing lol Thanks for the idea! Tomorrow i'll mix it up and i'll order some new toys next week, i've been eyeing the Tug-A-Jug for a long time now, i'll just buy it on ebay since i can't get them here :thumbsup:

Return to “Health Issues”