oh lord...embarrassing injestion....

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Otis
Addicted to PBF

oh lord...embarrassing injestion....

Postby Otis » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:12 am

Ashes was in my room during rotation a few hours ago. I just discovered she got into the bathroom and ate quite a few tampons out of the trashcan. I googled it and it says it isn't usually a huge issue for a larger dog. I just paid quite a bit of money to have a rubber band removed from my cats intestines, I'm praying we don't have the same issue here :oops:

Reminded me not to have anyone else let my dog out in the next few days :oops: :oops: :oops:

What I read online said not to induce vomiting, and to monitor for two days. Is this the correct route? She's tired because its both our bedtimes but otherwise she seems ok.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Re: oh lord...embarrassing injestion....

Postby Misskiwi67 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:14 am

My dogs do this frequently if Im not diligent... I don't usually even watch them, just grumble about the mess

mcrae101
Adolescent Bully

Postby mcrae101 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:09 am

I had a dog (not a pit, but about the same size) do this and it didnt cause any problems.

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:34 am

Lucy (ACD) does that a lot. Its a nasty thing lol But she has never had problems caused from it.

mommy2kane
Addicted to PBF

Postby mommy2kane » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:38 am

The fiance and I just watched an episode of "My Dog Ate What?" last week -- it had a dog who'd eaten tampons. Granted, I think it was like 28 tampons -- can't remember if he had to have surgery or not.

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:09 am

Kaiser ate one once (he's pretty small at around 34 lbs) and it came out in his poo. I hope that they come out of Ashes. That dog really keeps you in the worry-world. Kaiser keeps me there too.

Otis
Addicted to PBF

Postby Otis » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:15 am

She seems bright and happy this morning-praying everything passes through

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Postby HappyPuppy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:15 am

Silly girl, Ashes - don't scare us like that and please pass those things...like yesterday!!! Gosh, I feel sooooo lucky that Ruby doesn't get into much!

Otis
Addicted to PBF

Postby Otis » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:14 pm

Yes this one always keeps me on my toes! She's never been a chewer. Her one weakness is decorative pillows. Miss allergy butt is so used to flea nibbling herself all the time-that when she isn't actually itchy she will turn her nibbling to pillows and take the zippers off. One time she chewed up the end of a screwdriver. As far as eating things she isn't supposed to, that's all I can think of in that department (aside from my food of course)! I noticed the trashcan was tipped over when I went in to get her but blamed it on the cats and ignored it. When I went to go to bed I discovered the mess. Oh yeah, she dragged the trashbag on to my bed. Thanks babygurl.

chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby chewbecca » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:28 pm

Uh, I am CONSTANTLY paranoid that one of my two pups is going to get an obstruction of sorts that will require surgery and when they get the surgery, they'll pull out some COMPLETELY humiliating.
Because no matter what I do, my two have an obsession with finding sanitary napkins (can't flush those!) and eating them.
We've resorted to keeping our bathroom door shut at ALL TIMES.

kaytenmags
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kaytenmags » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:34 pm

is she looking a little extra absorbant today? lol

Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Sarah » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:35 pm

chewbecca wrote:Uh, I am CONSTANTLY paranoid that one of my two pups is going to get an obstruction of sorts that will require surgery and when they get the surgery, they'll pull out some COMPLETELY humiliating.
Because no matter what I do, my two have an obsession with finding sanitary napkins (can't flush those!) and eating them.
We've resorted to keeping our bathroom door shut at ALL TIMES.

:oops: All 3 of mine (led by Pirate) had a field day with those a couple weeks ago, and were pooping out the results for days. I started freaking out about it, but I think they are all clear now. I hate shutting the bathroom door, because there is no heating vent in there. :po:

Otis
Addicted to PBF

Postby Otis » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:48 pm

kaytenmags wrote:is she looking a little extra absorbant today? lol

roflmao we got a little bit of snow this morning and it appears as though most of it has disappeared. Musta been from me letting Ashes out a few extra times.

I can image its hell with your crew Sarah, tin can eating and all!

One of my best friends is coming down today, a bonfire with a bunch of people tonight, and my mom on Sunday-so I'm sure those are the times she going to start passing everything, as close to the guest as possible. She's good like that.

When I found out my cat Jasper had a blockage the vets and I had no clue what it was. I was so afraid of what they were going to pull out of him! Thank god it was a rubber band...

nessa
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby nessa » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:55 pm

Mine beasts will do this, Kirby is the worst. Can't flush or will clog the old pipes so anything they might find.... appetizing :yucky: goes in the kitchen trash can immediately. They cant get in that, yet. The bathroom trashcans they just flip the lid up and help themselves, the nasty beasts. Everything seems to pass thru tho they might be sick for a day when this has happened. Only solution for my sanity is to restrict access.

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:18 pm

mmmm good dogs.

Return to “Health Issues”