Had the vet look at Isabeau's growth...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: Had the vet look at Isabeau's growth...

Postby Misskiwi67 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:26 pm

Its also possible she's having a suture reaction... since both incisions are acting funky...
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Re: Had the vet look at Isabeau's growth...

Postby RescueAPBT » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:40 am

Misskiwi67 wrote:Its also possible she's having a suture reaction... since both incisions are acting funky...

Well, you may be right. The vet thinks that it may be the suture trying to come up and surface through the skin. He doesn't seem to think it's the MCT coming back. It reacts just like an MCT...if I run my thumb across it, it will turn dark pink and swell, and it's only in that one spot on the incision line, and its kind of a round area, like the MCT was. I hope he's right though...time will tell.

As for the blistered/weeping incision, he thought it was kind of odd for it to be doing this now, after it was healing well. He thinks the reason it keeps weeping is that there is sooo much tension in that spot, with all the tissue that was removed, it's very tight there and any time she moves, it pulls the skin. First he just said it would eventually stop and heal on it's own, and that I could try putting antibiotic ointment on it if I wanted...and that was it. Then as I was checking out at the front desk, the receptionist handed me a bottle of Cephalexin. Apparently he changed his mind as he was writing it up and decided she should go on an antibiotic. So hopefully, this will heal up and stop oozing all over the place soon...and hopefully this will be the end of this thread! lol
RescueAPBT
Matured Bully

Previous

Return to Health Issues