Wish us luck!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Leslie H

Re: Wish us luck!

Postby Leslie H » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:06 pm

It sounds like you made the right decision, if she was in so much pain already.

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:56 pm

Thanks Leslie. Now that she's recovered, I do feel better about my decision.

nsbullylover,
I'm not sure there's anything we can do about the bone spur but we do have the option of surgery to cut the tendon. It's just not something I'm sure I'm willing to do on an 11 yr old dog who also has a chronic torn ACL on the opposite hind leg. There's just not enough research/evidence/case studies to make me comfortable enough to go in and potentially do more damage.

The plan is to see how well and for how long this injection works, keep her rested, and do another one if and when she should need it.

Haileys_Saviour
Adolescent Bully

Postby Haileys_Saviour » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:33 pm

I'm so glad the injection worked! Sending good vibes and many loving thoughts your way!

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:21 pm

So quick update. The day we moved into the house, Buddy fell down the basement stairs. So the injection was unsuccessful because of this.
The next day while chewing on a rawhide, one of her premolars fell out! So on Friday when I dropped them off at the clinic for boarding while we are down here on vacation, we discovered that there was some of the roots that didn't come out. So we booked a dentistry for today. I just got a call from them. Almost all of her roots are resorbing and she needs at least 13 extractions.
So I am 12 hours away while my heart dog is undergoing yet another major procedure. Please please keep her in your thoughts. It never rains but it pours and my poor dog has been through too much this hear.
I will keep you all posted.

mtlu
Addicted to PBF

Postby mtlu » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:43 pm

:hug: :hug: Sending many good thoughts for Buddy and you!

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:52 pm

Thanks mtlu. She is just out of surgery now. 15 teeth had to be extracted. My bill, even with my staff discount, is over $1000. Don't get me wrong, this dog is priceless to me but her vet bills in the past year have started to get overwhelming. My wedding keeps getting more and more scaled down and soon we might be eloping. Good lord, someone please tell me that I, and much more importantly, Buddy girl will soon catch a break. This dog is my world and I will do everything I cab for her but her and I really need some good news for once.
:(

nsbullylover
Bully Lover 4 Life

Wish us luck!

Postby nsbullylover » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:17 pm

Poor Buddy! I hope she is ok and that she has no more medical issues. You both deserve a break.

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:35 pm

Thanks nsbullylover. Thankfully my fiancé has been wonderful about this all and is being very supportive. When I was crying and said "I just love this dog so much" he said "I do too. She's the best dog ever" which he has never admitted to, ever!
I'm trying not to focus on the dollar amount and instead concentrate on doing everything o can for this dog. Besides Darryl, she is the most important thing to me.
Proof:

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Called the clinic just before closing. Buddy recovered well and was eating and pooping okay. They have her formed ok hydro and she is in a big comfy recovery cage for the night. Even though my bill is astronomical, at least she is in good hands! please keep her in your thoughts everyone!

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:09 pm

Sending yet more positive thoughts your way.
Small weddings are so much more intimate anyway.

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:33 pm

sorry about your $$$ loss. But I am glad your Buddy is well taken care of. Good luck with the healing. :hug:

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Leslie H wrote:Sending yet more positive thoughts your way.
Small weddings are so much more intimate anyway.

X2

Imagine if you didn't get a discount!

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:47 pm

Got my kids home from the kennel (aka the clinic where I work) today.

Buddy looks like hell. I read the notes the doctor wrote in her chart. She's lost 7 lbs since Jan 18, and while I DID cut her food back to compensate for her lack of exercise while we are resting her shoulder, the doctors think that's too much. There were some wonky results on her CBC too but her chem profile was normal.

The scariest part of the doctors notes read:

"Cannot rule out lymphadenopathy or neoplasia, esp. given weight loss".

She ate well tonight (she always does) her coat feels SO soft (like she had a bath) but her skin seems baggy on her bones.

I am NOT ready to lose her. I need her around until next winter at least so she can experience muzzle free living in our new house during every season.

:teardrops:

patty

Postby patty » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:45 pm

I just saw this. I'm sending lots of well wishes and will be praying for Buddy. I'm glad that Buddy is home with you getting all the lovin' she needs. Please keep us updated.

:hug:

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:05 pm

Thanks Patty.

She seems "off" tonight. Still happy when I talk to her but something isn't right. She's shaking/quivering and the girls at work said she was toe-touching lame on her left hind. (which is new).

Sigh.

The kicker is that I need to rule out stress which means NOT taking her to work. I'm going to give it a couple days and see if she perks up.

I can't believe how skinny she looks.

Return to “Health Issues”