peeing issues

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
brunomom
Pit Bull Forum Addict

peeing issues

Postby brunomom » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:04 am

I am asking you guys for a friend's dog because you guys always have such great thoughts on these things.

She has an older mini schnauzer. I think he is 12? Anyway - he wears a "diaper" pretty much all the time because of his peeing problems. It seems his issues have gotten worse now. He pees in his crate regardless of what is in there. Regardless of the "undergarment".

I was wondering if this problem might have something to do with his age and the function of his bladder? Is there any advice/tests/consults with a vet that you might recommend?

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Re: peeing issues

Postby Libby » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:16 am

Well, since he's an older dog, he is probably just losing control of his bladder. Do you know if she has him on Proin? It really helped Gypsy when she was having incontinence issues, and she only had to take it for a couple months. She still doesn't have anymore issues and its been a long time!

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:07 pm

Ditto what Libby said, but they might want to have some blood and urine tests run to check for a UTI and make sure his kidneys are still functioning all right. If everything is okay, Proin really does help.

brunomom
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby brunomom » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:15 pm

Ok thank you guys! I knew you would give me some sort of info to pass on to her. I think they had him to the vet at his yearly but felt that this is just "his issue" and didn't push it with the vet? I know that is easy to do but sometimes it isn't always that simple and I was hoping for some good suggestions. Thanks!

PS: I had him for over a week and he didn't have a single accident at my house. Not in his crate or otherwise? Odd huh?

Return to “Health Issues”