Skin Tags

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
kaitgusta
Newborn Bully

Skin Tags

Postby kaitgusta » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:32 pm

Brady had a skin tag on his upper eyelid for the longest time. I took him to the vet for it and they said there was nothing they could do. Eventually it just disappeared( it was there for over a year!), but it looks like it may be returning. I am worried because the last tag grew somewhat large and I don't want it to impair his vision.
Does that mean it is more than just a blemish if it grows back?

He also has a skin tag on his inner front elbow. Our vet said we could use a wart spray remover on it to get rid of it... I am just leaving it be because it doesn't affect anything.

Thanks!

jamielvsaustin

Re: Skin Tags

Postby jamielvsaustin » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:35 pm

Geez...go to a different vet. They can always do something. And I wouldn't want to use wart remover on my dog-that stuff has to hurt...and a skin tag is not a wart.

Our Trooper has one on his chest that is pretty big. We plan to have it removed when he has his dental. So far it doesn't bother him at all but it's close to where his harness sits and we just don't want it getting caught on anything.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Re: Skin Tags

Postby Misskiwi67 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:14 pm

A true skin tag on the skin is usually not an issue unless it bothers the dog, they're something to be watched, not necessarily removed the instant they appear.

If its a tumor on the eyelid where it can touch the eye itself, then it should be removed as soon as possible, the smaller it is the easier it is to remove.

Return to “Health Issues”