Haileys Got Bumps.. too.

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Haileys_Saviour
Adolescent Bully

Haileys Got Bumps.. too.

Postby Haileys_Saviour » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:26 pm

So.. Hailey has bumps too. :crybaby:

She only has like 5 on her back though. They're smaller than the pictures of the dogs I've seen on here, but it still worries me. She's not itching at all and definitely not irritated. Should I wait it out? They were bigger yesterday. Should I give her Benadryl? What's the dosage on that anyway?

Could it be because I gave her some peanut butter yesterday?

Should I rush her to the vet? :wow

Worried mommeh es worried ):

Haileys_Saviour
Adolescent Bully

Re: Haileys Got Bumps.. too.

Postby Haileys_Saviour » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:37 pm

That one bump is the one that worries me the most. Her fur kinda fell off at that bump.. and it bleeds a little. She doesn't seem bothered when I touch it. She's also been shedding quite a bit lately..

She eats TOTW High Prairie. I switched her over from Innova EVO Red Meat because she seemed to be drinking a bit more water and I freaked that she could've had pancreatitis.

Madeleinemom
Adolescent Bully

Postby Madeleinemom » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:53 pm

I'd keep an eye on it. If the bumps/lesion do not decrease/appear to be healing, I'd head to the vet in the next 24-48 hours.

Since you cannot be sure that it is anything that could be helped by administering an antihistamine, I'd hold off on that too (plus, you said that she is not itchy).

If you ever do need to give her Benadryl, the common dose is 1mg per 1 lb. of body weight. Example: a 50 lb. dog would get two 25 mg tablets per day. Use the Ultratabs (not the liquid kind).

dot
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby dot » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:50 pm

That's how Ruby's bumps were. She was itching like a maniac b/c of environmental allergies and it caused a secondary skin infection. Good times. :woowoo:

Return to “Health Issues”