Innova going commercial

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
pumpkinpunk
Matured Bully

Innova going commercial

Postby pumpkinpunk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:33 pm

Mods if this is already been a topic please move or delete. I looked and didnt find any on this yet.

Natura (who I'm assuming everyone knows was bought by Proctor and Gamble almost a year ago) sent a letter to my store to let us know they are going to start making Innova available at large chain markets and start advertising it with commercials and ad campaigns. They did say they are going to stay as natural as the recipe has always been. I figured this would be interesting to anyone who feeds this or would like to start.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard the same or had thoughts on this? Or if you haven't already stopped using Innova would seeing it in a supermarket change your mind? Or would seeing it in a super market make you more apt to buying it since it would be easier to come by? Just looking for a little insight as to what to expect from customers who come to us for this food.

This is only for Innova not Innova Evo also. Thanks

HersheyBear
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Innova going commercial

Postby HersheyBear » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:34 pm

as long as they don't change the recipe, I think it'd be more convenient. i feed Hershey innova senior.

pumpkinpunk
Matured Bully

Postby pumpkinpunk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:43 pm

The two main concerns our store is having is the quality of the ingredients. The recipe could stay the same but the source of the ingredients could change drastically to produce a lot more at the same price. And secondly loosing business on one stop shopping. We're gonna see where the months takes it but its something I was gonna try to get a little insight on.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:09 am

If it starts showing up in grocery stores it will start being my most recommended food. The majority of clients shop at either petco or the grocery store for their dog food (if they don't they're already on the best they can afford) and I'm stuck recommending Iams to those who won't make an extra trip. I'd love to see some quality foods in other markets.

April
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby April » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:20 am

I tried innova about a year ago but I didn't like it my dog didn't eat it finally just switch.

IloveBlu
Matured Bully

Postby IloveBlu » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:19 pm

I don't know how they would sustain the level of nutrition they claim to offer if they suddenly become available at Shop Rite. Are there prices going down?

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:28 pm

I would think they would have issues getting chain supermarkets to sell it, because the average person who buys their food at the supermarket I don't think would want to pay what Innova costs :dunno:

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:34 pm

FBODGRL wrote:I would think they would have issues getting chain supermarkets to sell it, because the average person who buys their food at the supermarket I don't think would want to pay what Innova costs :dunno:

Maybe they just meant petco etc...

pumpkinpunk
Matured Bully

Postby pumpkinpunk » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:28 pm

Misskiwi67 wrote:
FBODGRL wrote:I would think they would have issues getting chain supermarkets to sell it, because the average person who buys their food at the supermarket I don't think would want to pay what Innova costs :dunno:

Maybe they just meant petco etc...

It is actually all pet chain stores and NOT supermarkets which I originally thought. Sorry I just reread the letter!! :oops: . Also to answer another question from above they have set max and min price requirements for the food. So not as bad as my manager made it seem.

Not as bad as one stop shopping but every petco/petsmart does seem like a lot more demand to keep up with than just small retailers. BUT MUCH BETTER THAN IT ENDING UP AT STOP AND SHOP!!

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:24 pm

I don't know I find that when the chain pet stores carry any "good" food it is way over priced. So although it would be more convenient for me to go to the pet store that is like less than a mile to get my cats food. I drive farther to get it much cheaper.

Return to “Health Issues”