Lump on the neck!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Wesam
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Lump on the neck!

Postby Wesam » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:22 am

Hey guys I have a question.

I took Paris to the vet 3 days ago for shots and a general checkup. So he checked her out, her heart rate, temperature etc. He also did a physical medical. He gave her all the shots that she needed and in the end he just recommended frontline. So I was like why not. He breaks the tip and applies frontline on her neck/scuff area.

It's been like 3 days and today I noticed a huge lump in that area, right where he applied. And the frontline he gave wasn't an injection (don't know if that exists anyway), just liquid.

Could the frontline have caused this? Reacted with any of the shots? Or is this some serious stuff? I'm freaking out and I'm gonna go to the vets office tomorrow morning. In the meantime, if anyone has any tips etc that would help.

She's not lethargic but the bump is there. I can pretty much grab it and play around with it. Seems like it's under the skin area. It doesn't hurt her. Anyone? Anything?

mtlu
Addicted to PBF

Re: Lump on the neck!

Postby mtlu » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:46 am

Molly has had a bad reaction to the topical flea/tick preventatives before (but I don't recall if it was Frontline or Advantix) but it was mostly a skin burn and consequent hair loss where it was applied, not swelling.

I think she did have a little swelling about three years ago when she got the whole round of vacc's in one sitting (rabies, DHLPP, and bordetella) and she was definitely lethargic for several days afterwards.

I don't know if the topical flea preventatives will react with the vaccines but I would definitely call the vet and see if they think she needs to brought in for a re-check – a big lump would scare/worry me too!

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:07 am

It could be a reaction to the Frontline, but were any of her vaccinations given in that area, too? Last year when I had Marsha vaccinated with DHPPLC, she had a pretty severe allergic reaction. Hives, swelling, she turned red, and she was pretty miserable for several hours. She gets DHPP only now, leaving off the Lepto and Coronavirus (I think thats it lol )

WackyJacki
Addicted to PBF

Postby WackyJacki » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:53 am

Stella always has a large swelling after vaccinations. It's probably nothing, but keep an eye on it and call the vet if you're worried.

Return to “Health Issues”