Vetzlife oral gel

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
gooeydog

Vetzlife oral gel

Postby gooeydog » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:11 am

http://www.vetzlife.com/

Anyone tried this? Haley just had a dentistry done (they weren't that bad, but she was having some nuisance growths removed, so figured it was better to do it at the same time), and I want to avoid her needing another if at all possible, as she also had an episode of brachycardia while sedated, so I guess that'd be a concern if she needs to be sedated in the future. We started carrying it at work a few months ago, and the vet we use said he's heard good reviews, so I got a bottle to try. She's got an extremely sensitive stomach, and bones make her sick, so that's out, and I'm going to try to brush her teeth a couple times a week, but I figured if this helps, it'll be worth it. I'm also going to use it on the Dachs, Bus has little tarter because he's a voracious chewer, but Annie's teeth are nasty only 3 months after a dentistry, and at 13, I hate to have her sedated again so soon. I haven't used it on Haley yet, but applied it once to Annie & B yesterdey, it smells like peppermint, and they weren't thrilled with the process, but tolerated it. I also tried to apply it to one of my cats, and she resisted more vigorously- apparently that's why they make a salmon flavored variety!

SnowKoi2010
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Vetzlife oral gel

Postby SnowKoi2010 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:04 pm

I just brush snows teeth.

gooeydog

Postby gooeydog » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:10 pm

Brushing the teeth is good to prevent tartar build up, but won't do anything to remove what's there. Supposedly this stuff will prevent new buildup, and remove a lot of what's already present. Haley currently has no tartar, and Bus has only a small amount, but Annie has a significant amount, so I guess we'll see.

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:00 pm

check here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=146041

Sarah posted the stuff she uses which she mentioned in another thread as well. i recently started using it for my cats.

KittyNyanNyan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby KittyNyanNyan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:07 am

My sister and the Blue Buffalo Rep at my store use it. I've heard really good things about it.

Return to “Health Issues”