OFA X-ray prices?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Red
Addicted to PBF

Re: OFA X-ray prices?

Postby Red » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:58 pm

Celesteandthebullies wrote:Don't you love CA?
We got charged $450 to get a fox tail removed, cheapest in town.

Oh, you don't even want to know some of my vet bills. I seriously go to work just to try to give my dogs the best care I can and even with that I lost a dog recently. We do get charged a lot down here.

Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:02 am

Celesteandthebullies wrote:
We've been going to VCA Ashers since I got Dakota, they've been really helpful, and kind so far.

The only VCA I have any experience with was a specialty referral center. It was a fantastic clinic, but I'm pretty sure not all VCA's are like that. Overall, if you like the service, go with them. If you have questions about weather they're requesting the correct testing etc... just ask :D

Some clinics will require sedation for all radiographs, others will not. So long as they are monitoring appropriately during sedation, both options are acceptable and just a matter of policy.

Gym
Newborn Bully

Postby Gym » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:27 am

40 for each x-ray but no sending away to anywhere.

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:47 pm

I've used OFA and Pennhip, as well as just my own vet. He did some kind of extra coursework on hip x-rays, and takes the time to explain things thoroughly. He evaluated a hip differently than OFA's rating only once on 20-30 dogs done by myself and a friend, so I have a lot of confidence in his evaluations. It's been 5 years since I've x-rayed a dog, so I'm not sure what it will cost. I would not trust just any vet however, I've seen some awful x-rays and poor interpretations. do use a cardiologist for heart checks though.

Return to “Health Issues”