dog ate a bunch of fabric...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
maciek
Newborn Bully

dog ate a bunch of fabric...

Postby maciek » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:55 pm

So he threw up some foam a bit maybe 2 days ago I didn't think much of it at the time....then I wake up today and find some more throw up under a desk behind a chair.

I'm sitting outside today and he went to do his business but can't seem to get anything out forever. I see someting probably like 12 inches at least hanging off his butt (thought it was poop) then he starts running around getting the zoomies with the thing hanging off his butt trying to get it off (it was pretty funny at the time I thought it was just poop). I come up to him and he has a piece of fabric (maybe it was some sort of packing paper) hanging off his butt and I pull it out (barely any was still inside). Hes seemed his usual self the past few days no change in activity level or anything (other then that puke). He never eats things like that ever so I never though anything of it...sometimes he'll eat a leaf by accident and throw that up which is what I think happened.

Should I go see a vet get an xray? I think it was just that once piece that came out but I'm still a bit uneasy if anything could be stuck inside of him...

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Re: dog ate a bunch of fabric...

Postby starrlamia » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:37 pm

I would probably monitor for a few days, if he is not eating, pooping or starts vomiting then i would vet ASAP. Watch for lethargy or uncomfort as well.

maciek
Newborn Bully

Re: dog ate a bunch of fabric...

Postby maciek » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:44 pm

thanks. he seems fine so far thank god...pooped fine an hour later when I took him out. It's just baffling how he pooped out such a huge piece hole..or how/where he got it from.

Return to “Health Issues”