Small growths on his nutz sack

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
JoeBingo
Addicted to PBF

Small growths on his nutz sack

Postby JoeBingo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:35 pm

Scrotum, cod, scrot, nutz sack ... what ever

Rowdy has had these small growths his whole life. There are no other growths anywhere on his body. At first I thought they were little abscesses. I gently squeezed the larger one and while it has a small firm symmetrical core, it doesn't pop. Then I thought maybe they were warts, but the smooth texture on the surface is unlike warts I've seen and besides, I don't know if dogs can even get warts or not.

I have no idea what they are. Just some kind of growth I guess. Actually I didn't notice the smaller one until I took the pictures. It isn't that obvious in person.

Okay, I know dogs don't have nipples on their nutz sack ... any ideas ?? STD LOL (Rowdy's a virgin) ?!?!?!

buckaroo
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Small growths on his nutz sack

Postby buckaroo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Tumors around that area in un-neutered dogs are not uncommon at all.

JoeBingo
Addicted to PBF

Postby JoeBingo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:02 pm

HMmmm, if that's the case, I'd rather cut off a small tumor than his nutz HA !!!
I guess if it gets bigger, I'll have to name it or something ;)

[thinking out loud]
Strange though ... I wonder why dogs are the only male mammals with a propensity for tumors on their nutz sack if they aren't neutered ... or is that just a saying the neuter proponents espouse?
[/thinking out loud]

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:05 pm

we've probably effed up dogs enough to cause these kinds of things lol, or maybe because they never completely mature like wild canids?

Id have a vet look at em, though Grendel does have a nipple on his weener!

buckaroo
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby buckaroo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:26 pm

You might want to look up information about perianal hernias in dogs as they get older.

Testosterone weakens the muscles that keep your dogs internal organs from moving into other areas of his body. All it takes is a loop of bowel to slide into the hernia and then not come out again and your dog is dead.

Repairing this type of hernia is extremely difficult. I've attempted it twice and it failed twice. It's also extremely expensive. $1200 repair that lasted 3 months before there was another hernia. It ultimately killed both dogs.

Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

Postby Jazzy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:32 pm

If he's had them all his life; then maybe just some random growth.

I do know dogs can get warts because my Basset got them when she got older.

I also know that there is a canine STD which is pretty scary because it is one of only 3 transmissible cancers - (canine transmissible venereal tumor); however it is spread either sexually or in dogs having close contact with other dogs, primarily in tropical or subtropical climates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canine_tra ... real_tumor

And not to try to cause panic, but I suppose it could also be a mast cell tumor.

We had a scare about a month ago with Veronica who suddenly developed a red, inflammed, thingie on her vulva. It turned out to be a long name that actually meant a red, inflammed thingie; but the above are all the other possibilities that got thrown at us.

JoeBingo
Addicted to PBF

Postby JoeBingo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:01 pm

Thanks for the replies and I have lots of stuff to look up prior to the next vet visit. I'm not (real) concerned about it yet. It hasn't gotten larger over the last four years or so. But I do want to be proactive concerning Rowdy's health.

I had a (large) tumor removed from one of Sugar's hind legs last year. Sugar was spayed about four years ago when she was seven months old. The tumor appeared suddenly and grew rapidly. The toxicology came back negative but of the type that COULD appear anywhere on her at any time again. Thankfully, none have reappeared ... yet.

BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:05 pm

Something that works for the non-cancerous tumors - Tumeric.
Give them 1 level teaspoon with some sort of fat(I mix it with their salmon oil) once a day. It gets rid of those fatty tumors and tests have shown that helps to shrink cancer tumors too. It's good for arthritis and such(in humans and dogs)

Giving it with fat helps to slow it's movement through the body - so it's absorbed instead of mostly pooped out. :)
It takes a few days to start working, but will go down steadily after it starts.

Try it and see if it works - before you have him knocked out and sliced open. :D

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:23 pm

Just like Jazzy, our basset had warts too, and one on his nuts, but then the one he also had there was part of his cancer :(

Return to “Health Issues”