Kibble change (Fromm?)

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Adrianne

Re: Kibble change (Fromm?)

Postby Adrianne » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:24 pm

WackyJacki wrote:
Flibgit wrote:Adrianne, we've been feeding Earthborn Holistic Adult Vantage.

Glad to hear it! A local supply store carries it and I plan to add it into the cat's rotation.

Thanks, I'll research the price on this one too.

I hear mixed reviews about Evo, I hear its great for high activity dogs but can wreck havoc on lazy dogs?

Someone call BB and tell them to lower their price dangit!

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Earthborn Holistic Adult Vantage

Thanks for that. They sell it at alot of places by me. Going to check that and Fromm out tommorrow. I sent TOTW a email 3 days ago, never heard anything back from them.

WackyJacki
Addicted to PBF

Postby WackyJacki » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:24 pm

I sent them an email as well, here's the response:

Dear Jacki:

I'm sorry to hear that your two cats are having skin problems. There have not
been any formula changes that would explain this. However, allergies in adult
animals usually develop over time with prolonged exposure to a food or something
in the environment. There is usually not a change that triggers an allergic
reaction.

Sincerely,

Dr. Brookshire

WackyJacki
Addicted to PBF

Postby WackyJacki » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:25 pm

So, that's that. No more TOTW after 2 years of using it with great results. Oh well. Trying Felidae grain free fish formula.

Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer

Postby Jazzy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:33 pm

Just chiming in to say we've been feeding Fromm for about a year I think.

We switched when California Natural got taken over by P&G.

I'm very happy with Fromm; Veronica seems to be doing well on it; and I think it is lower in calorie than the CN...because I am attributing at least part of her 5 pound drop to the food switch.

If I recall when I chose Fromm I wanted a dog food made in the US with ingredients entirely from the US; and it was a plus that Fromm had their own plant and was never involved in any recalls to my knowledge.

Adrianne

Kibble change (Fromm?)

Postby Adrianne » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:36 pm

I'm increasingly disappointed in this totw. Ive been broke so we've continued feeding it but man now their breaths are starting to stink too. I'm going to get rid of it one way or another next week. Thanks guys!

MetaMuffin
Newborn Bully

Postby MetaMuffin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:48 pm

Fromm is made close to where I live. They've always been very open and honest about their food; I believe you are even able to visit the factory where it's made. They have a variety of protein sources (including pork, which is hard to find in dog food) so you can do rotational feeding if you're into that kinda thing.

Mooresmajestic
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Mooresmajestic » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:25 pm

Big Fromm fan here. I unfortunately can't use anything but Surf n Turf for Vi because the protien/fat content is too low for her, but I plan to put Lucy on it very soon. It also has enough types to make for easy rotation. It is one of the foods in my girls rotation. Small kibble size, but my girls eat mostly BG which is small so unless you have a gulper its a great food.

Odnarb

Postby Odnarb » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:08 pm

TOTW is the only grain free carried around here that I can remotely afford. Since being on it, my dogs drink obscene amounts of water. This particularly bad with Harry, as he.already has issues with OCD water drinking. I've heard this complaint from others, so i know it's not just my dogs. I might have to start ordering something for them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

AmberD
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby AmberD » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:02 pm

I always look to this forum for ideas like this, and today I went to the store and put some serious thought into switching from TOTW to Fromm. I had to come home and look up calories, though, because I need one of my dogs on a higher-calorie diet than TOTW provides. The only two options I see that meet that are "Surf & Turf" and "Pork & Applesauce." I've never thought about feeding pork to dogs... is there a reason you hardly ever see pork dog food?

Anyway, the Fromm is right in the same priceline as TOTW, with the 4-Star line being just a couple dollars more for the same 30lb bag (except the new grain-free Beef formula, which I can't find a calorie count for). So when all the TOTW I ordered from the huge petcarerx sale a few months ago is gone, I might be trying something new.

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:44 pm

AmberD wrote:I always look to this forum for ideas like this, and today I went to the store and put some serious thought into switching from TOTW to Fromm. I had to come home and look up calories, though, because I need one of my dogs on a higher-calorie diet than TOTW provides. The only two options I see that meet that are "Surf & Turf" and "Pork & Applesauce." I've never thought about feeding pork to dogs... is there a reason you hardly ever see pork dog food?

Anyway, the Fromm is right in the same priceline as TOTW, with the 4-Star line being just a couple dollars more for the same 30lb bag (except the new grain-free Beef formula, which I can't find a calorie count for). So when all the TOTW I ordered from the huge petcarerx sale a few months ago is gone, I might be trying something new.

Fromm Grain-free Beef has a calorie count per cup of 413. :)

http://www.frommfamily.com/four-star-dog.pdf

Adrianne

Postby Adrianne » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:22 pm

Dang, I went to buy Fromm today and my feed store doesn't carry it anymore. I suppose I'll buy some from online and feed raw until I get my shipment.

AmberD
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby AmberD » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:10 pm

Mya&theSiebenDackels wrote:
AmberD wrote:I always look to this forum for ideas like this, and today I went to the store and put some serious thought into switching from TOTW to Fromm. I had to come home and look up calories, though, because I need one of my dogs on a higher-calorie diet than TOTW provides. The only two options I see that meet that are "Surf & Turf" and "Pork & Applesauce." I've never thought about feeding pork to dogs... is there a reason you hardly ever see pork dog food?

Fromm Grain-free Beef has a calorie count per cup of 413. :)

http://www.frommfamily.com/four-star-dog.pdf

Oh, thank you :)

I'm trying to decide between Fromm and Earthborn Holisitics now. The grain-free Earthborn has 445 calories per cup. They both look like great foods to try, so time will tell. I still have a bag or two left of TOTW.

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:56 am

WackyJacki wrote:I sent them an email as well, here's the response:

Dear Jacki:

animals usually develop over time with prolonged exposure to a food or something
reaction.

Sincerely,

Dr. Brookshire

Notice how they say there haven't been any formula changes that would explain this....not there haven't been ANY formula changes lol

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:30 am

FBODGRL wrote:
WackyJacki wrote:I sent them an email as well, here's the response:

Dear Jacki:

reaction.

Sincerely,

Dr. Brookshire

Notice how they say there haven't been any formula changes that would explain this....not there haven't been ANY formula changes lol

I never got a reply back. I did switch to Fromm and have already noticed less eye buggers and less itching with Lilly.

Return to “Health Issues”