Raw Poop Watching Trials

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
white0nr1ce
Newborn Bully

Raw Poop Watching Trials

Postby white0nr1ce » Mon May 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Apollo and Jewels have started on chicken backs last night, it took Apollo FOREVER to eat at first. I thought he was going to try to lick the chicken up like it was an ice cream cone, but once he realized there were bones in it he love love LOVES crunching up the bones, and really looks more disgusted when he pulls off a boneless meaty piece or skin.
Jewels scared the $#!Z@ out of us and ate her back in like three giant crunches. We gave todays little more frozen. :) I think she got a piece of Jeff's finger meat in with it. No ill effects, but she's definitely a gulper!

Of course day one of raw is also day one of poopwatching... Apollo was the one with the weird poop. Jewels is more of a poop ninja, and we can't find any that look irregular so okay for now. Apollo's are yellow to orange, bile/mucous looking yellow. Is this just "regular" diarrhea from making the raw switch, or does that spectrum of yellow mean something specific? It looks almost like it did when I accidentally gave him too much fish oil when he was a pup, and I recently switched to trader joe's brand, which was 200mg higher than what he was getting before... maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention before I was feeding him raw? :oops:

Does yellow poop mean anything specific?

Is 1000mg salmon oil too much for a 70lb dog?

Thank you all for any input.

The first 24 hours is overwith and no one has salmonella, has splintered a bone, and NO, the raw food did not make the dogs rip eachother or my kids into shreds, for the record. (Take that, in laws!) roflmao

Inaras mom
Adolescent Bully

Re: Raw Poop Watching Trials

Postby Inaras mom » Tue May 24, 2011 8:51 am

Yellow poop just means your dog had chicken for dinner. The color will change depending on what they eat. And don't worry about poop for a few days - their bodies need time to adjust.

jamielvsaustin

Postby jamielvsaustin » Tue May 24, 2011 8:56 am

white0nr1ce wrote: Jewels is more of a poop ninja

lol

wait a second...you mean the taste of blood didn't make your dogs crave more???

white0nr1ce
Newborn Bully

Postby white0nr1ce » Tue May 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Thanks, I didn't think it was too out of the ordinary. I did expect the runs, I knew about the dry to hard spectrum, didn't realize I'd be getting different colors.

I will surely have more questions soon.

:peace:

Return to “Health Issues”