The C-word

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
APBT<3er
Forum Junky

The C-word

Postby APBT<3er » Wed May 25, 2011 9:20 pm

today, my heart dog turned 11... and today, we found out that she has bone cancer.

To make matters worst, my own dog Dolly has a mysterious lump on her leg. I'm hoping to get her an appointment at the vet's office on Friday. When I adopted her around 3 years ago, she had a lump on her chin that was removed by the rescue - but never biopsied... Now I'm nervous..

Add to this my pregnancy hormones and I'm about to rip my hair out and order a straight jacket off of ebay.
:crybaby:

HappyPuppy
Addicted to PBF

Re: The C-word

Postby HappyPuppy » Wed May 25, 2011 9:41 pm

:hug: That's a lot going on... hang in there. Damn that c-word! My dad is dealing with prostate cancer, too, and treatment still lies ahead. Good luck with the bump... my last scare with Ruby (2 bumps near nipples) turned out to be benign!

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Wed May 25, 2011 9:57 pm

I am extremely hopeful that this is NOT a malignant tumor... But with our track record lately, its kind of hard to get my hopes up too high with the knowledge that I could full well be facing this with yet another animal. We just lost our cat in freakin January... If this baby isn't born in December of 2011 (instead in Jan 2012) it will make it quite possibly the WORST year of my so-far life..

Edit to add: Sorry - I'm being extremely selfish in my little rant!! I'm very sorry to hear about your dad, lots of positive vibes going his way!! Thank god there is treatment available though! It'll be a rocky road, but keep your chin up, he'll get through it! :pray

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Thu May 26, 2011 10:27 am

Oh, gees, I'm so sorry. What a bunch of worry on your plate right now, I'm awfully sorry. :hug:

KittyNyanNyan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby KittyNyanNyan » Thu May 26, 2011 11:05 am

:hug: I'm so sorry.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Thu May 26, 2011 12:01 pm

im so sorry :(

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:59 pm

Sending lots of healthy vibes to Dolly it's nothing serious. Hugs to you!

jamielvsaustin

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu May 26, 2011 1:21 pm

dogs4jen wrote:Oh, gees, I'm so sorry. What a bunch of worry on your plate right now, I'm awfully sorry. :hug:

I know right? When it rains it pours....Best of luck and good vibes sent! Let us know how it turns out. :hug:

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Thu May 26, 2011 5:35 pm

We've got a vet appointment tomorrow for 11:30, I'm really hoping that it is not benign, I've done some research online which *COULD* be my worst enemy, but I've come across Mast Cell Tumors, and that looks to be what she has. Not sure if these are typically cancerous or not. Guess I'll keep reading. Thanks for the good vibes guys.

white0nr1ce
Newborn Bully

Postby white0nr1ce » Fri May 27, 2011 10:11 am

Wow, that's a whole lot to handle ! I hope everything goes as smooth as possible . Take everything one day at a time , hopefully everything works out . :(

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

The C-word

Postby PitBull-Lady » Fri May 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Yikes, unfortunately I do know how you feel. I do hope that your year gets better, your best friend has low or contained nasty-mastys and the bone cancer is a misdiagnosis. Geez, it is good you do have your baby to look forward to. Too bad those dang hormones keep you on your toes.

I'll keep a happy thought out there for you. :)

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Fri May 27, 2011 8:19 pm

How did it go today?
Been thinkin about ya.

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Fri May 27, 2011 10:02 pm

starrlamia wrote:How did it go today?
Been thinkin about ya.

X2

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Sat May 28, 2011 2:34 pm

Great news so far! Its a 10% chance that its cancer, and the vet said that even if it is, it is likely a stage I mast cell tumor, and with surgery it will be eliminated. So, Monday I'll be scheduling her surgery for 2 weeks from now. After that, it is going to be hell... 10 days of her wearing a cone, because she doesn't leave stitches alone... She ripped out her stitches after being spayed for just 2 days, gave us quite the scare... but I'm just glad that the chance is so slim, and even if it is - I'm able to get my hopes up high. We're sending it away to be biopsied to be sure. :) We also got to talk to the vet about my mother's dog, and he said that there is a slight chance that it is only arthritis, but that its like a 90/10 that its cancer. He said its really good news though that shes walking on the leg, and that she could still have 6 - 8 months of a good, quality life. So, really good news for Dolly, and decent news for Heidi.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Sat May 28, 2011 3:20 pm

APBT<3er wrote:Great news so far! Its a 10% chance that its cancer, and the vet said that even if it is, it is likely a stage I mast cell tumor, and with surgery it will be eliminated. So, Monday I'll be scheduling her surgery for 2 weeks from now. After that, it is going to be hell... 10 days of her wearing a cone, because she doesn't leave stitches alone... She ripped out her stitches after being spayed for just 2 days, gave us quite the scare... but I'm just glad that the chance is so slim, and even if it is - I'm able to get my hopes up high. We're sending it away to be biopsied to be sure. :) We also got to talk to the vet about my mother's dog, and he said that there is a slight chance that it is only arthritis, but that its like a 90/10 that its cancer. He said its really good news though that shes walking on the leg, and that she could still have 6 - 8 months of a good, quality life. So, really good news for Dolly, and decent news for Heidi.

sooooo happy for you that is great news!!!

Return to “Health Issues”