Brie is sick!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Brie is sick!

Postby starrlamia » Thu May 26, 2011 1:00 am

This dog drives me nuts lol

I got new cat litter the other day, decided to try the world's best cat litter. Brie unfortunately got a mouthful of some and hasnt been feeling quite as well since... She has been vomiting a bit usually within 30 minutes of eating and she had diarrhea the other day. She is still drinking and playing. She isnt the least bit lethargic and is still a food whore. Im giving her one more day to see how she is before i call the vet. I fasted her today and she still threw up once after eating. Is it possible to be a blockage? Im wondering if maybe the corn just upset her tummy.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Re: Brie is sick!

Postby starrlamia » Thu May 26, 2011 1:01 am

crap I totally thought i clicked on health, Can one of our lovely mods move this? Thanks!

haircrazie016
Bully Ambassador

Postby haircrazie016 » Thu May 26, 2011 8:39 am

we use worlds best, and the dogs have all gotten into it at some point but no one has ever been sick from it! Poor Brie, i hope she feels better!!

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu May 26, 2011 9:33 am

I hope Brie will get all better.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Thu May 26, 2011 11:58 am

thanks guys, she pooed this morning so definately not a blockage. Apparently a lot of people have had issues with world's best making their animals sick because the corn can get a harmful mold on it. i guess im gonna switch litters again lol. Gonna feed brie in a bit and see how she feels after.

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Thu May 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Do you remember the toxin in Diamond dog food several years ago, I think it's called aflotoxin? It's not that is it? I sure hope not, I remember a bunch of dogs died from it.

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Thu May 26, 2011 12:13 pm

Sorry, I had it spelled wrong, it's aflatoxin. This was from 2006 about the Diamond recall.

A consumer alert has been released for contaminated Diamond pet foods for dogs and cats. At least a dozen canine deaths have already been reported as a result of Diamond pet foods infected with the potentially deadly toxin Aflatoxin.

Aflatoxin is a naturally occurring toxic chemical by-product that results from the growth of the fungus Aspergillus flavus on corn and other crops. The fungus typically develops on crops during years with severe high temperature stress and drought.

Dogs could experience liver trouble, liver failure and even death due to the contaminated food. While there have not been any reports of cat issues to date, five cat food formulas have been recalled due to the presence of aflatoxin.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Thu May 26, 2011 4:39 pm

dogs4jen wrote:Sorry, I had it spelled wrong, it's aflatoxin. This was from 2006 about the Diamond recall.

A consumer alert has been released for contaminated Diamond pet foods for dogs and cats. At least a dozen canine deaths have already been reported as a result of Diamond pet foods infected with the potentially deadly toxin Aflatoxin.

Aflatoxin is a naturally occurring toxic chemical by-product that results from the growth of the fungus Aspergillus flavus on corn and other crops. The fungus typically develops on crops during years with severe high temperature stress and drought.

Dogs could experience liver trouble, liver failure and even death due to the contaminated food. While there have not been any reports of cat issues to date, five cat food formulas have been recalled due to the presence of aflatoxin.

thats the one! I couldnt remember the name. I was reading a website with a letter from the company that recommended not to use it for any damp places... I will see if I can find the website later.

nsbullylover
Bully Lover 4 Life

Brie is sick!

Postby nsbullylover » Thu May 26, 2011 5:41 pm

How is Brie feeling?

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Thu May 26, 2011 6:57 pm

nsbullylover wrote:How is Brie feeling?

She seemed ok when i left for work, I gave her some wet food. No reports of throwing up from my bf and she had 2 giant poops this morning, so hopefully all of the corn litter is out of her tummy!

This dog cracks me up though, nothing phases her. Yesterday she threw up outside and came bounding in like nothing happened and vomit all over her lips, jumping up and down trying to lick me. She was greatly offended when I wiped it off, like nothing ever happened.

Return to “Health Issues”