LIMPING

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
User avatar
Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer
Posts: 7651
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:52 pm
Location: New England

Re: LIMPING

Postby Jazzy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:30 am

Nothing to add except that I know your pain and... :hug:'s

I have my own thread going in the health section (and folks have posted some helpful info regarding surgery and recovery); and Veronica has been dealing with a partially torn ccl for @ 2 months; the only difference is her symptoms aren't so pronounced...which is actually making it more difficult to decide what to do; and we also have a surgeon who favors going the conservative route first.

Hope all works out well for you guys. We have another check up this Friday and perhaps will know more.

User avatar
Chasesdad
Bully Lover 4 Life
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:36 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: LIMPING

Postby Chasesdad » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:02 pm

He's doing a bit better but he gets excited so easy and always wants to run its hard to keep him mellow. He doesn't care about the pain or making it worse, he just wants to play...

User avatar
Chasesdad
Bully Lover 4 Life
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:36 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: LIMPING

Postby Chasesdad » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Jazzy wrote:Nothing to add except that I know your pain and... :hug:'s

I have my own thread going in the health section (and folks have posted some helpful info regarding surgery and recovery); and Veronica has been dealing with a partially torn ccl for @ 2 months; the only difference is her symptoms aren't so pronounced...which is actually making it more difficult to decide what to do; and we also have a surgeon who favors going the conservative route first.

Hope all works out well for you guys. We have another check up this Friday and perhaps will know more.


I hope ur appointment is bearing good news next Friday! Good luck. Its tough to deal with.

User avatar
Chasesmom
Bully Ambassador
Posts: 2611
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:40 pm
Location: 6 months 'til baby town

Re: LIMPING

Postby Chasesmom » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:54 am

Chasesdad wrote:
Jazzy wrote:Nothing to add except that I know your pain and... :hug:'s

I have my own thread going in the health section (and folks have posted some helpful info regarding surgery and recovery); and Veronica has been dealing with a partially torn ccl for @ 2 months; the only difference is her symptoms aren't so pronounced...which is actually making it more difficult to decide what to do; and we also have a surgeon who favors going the conservative route first.

Hope all works out well for you guys. We have another check up this Friday and perhaps will know more.


I hope ur appointment is bearing good news next Friday! Good luck. Its tough to deal with.


x2. Thanks for the words! We need 'em.

User avatar
Red
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 9519
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:35 am
Location: SoCal

Re: LIMPING

Postby Red » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:48 pm

Chasesmom wrote:He fears that it is a torn acl but he said he really hopes that he is wrong. He wanted to go with the cheapest, least aggressive method to start out so he put Chase on a 10 day pain pill/anti-inflammatory regimen and basically bed rest to see if the problem fixes itself.


Why were x rays not taken ?

User avatar
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 10721
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Eastpointe, MI
Contact:

Re: LIMPING

Postby FBODGRL » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Red wrote:
Chasesmom wrote:He fears that it is a torn acl but he said he really hopes that he is wrong. He wanted to go with the cheapest, least aggressive method to start out so he put Chase on a 10 day pain pill/anti-inflammatory regimen and basically bed rest to see if the problem fixes itself.


Why were x rays not taken ?


I was curious as to this as well. Especially since he couldn't even do a good physical exam :dunno:

User avatar
mtlu
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 5843
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:32 pm
Location: san francisco

Re: LIMPING

Postby mtlu » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Chasesmom wrote:After that if it isn't better, we will have him sedated and he is going to look for the drawer sign (right?) and then we will go from there.

My regular vet and both orthopedic surgeons we went to for consults about Molly's knee did NOT do the manipulations for drawer signs while she was sedated. My regular vet did sedate her for the initial set of x-rays (we asked for hips and elbows to be done at the same time since they were going to sedate her). Ortho surgeon #1 got much clearer x-rays of just her knees without sedation.

You might want to start researching for a good orthopedic surgeon in your area for the next round of consults while Chase is currently on lockdown. The first ortho surgeon we saw was via reference from our vet and he only does consults via referrals. The second surgeon we saw did not require a referral but we let him know that we wanted to see him for a second opinion.

User avatar
Chasesmom
Bully Ambassador
Posts: 2611
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:40 pm
Location: 6 months 'til baby town

Re: LIMPING

Postby Chasesmom » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:36 am

Red wrote:
Chasesmom wrote:He fears that it is a torn acl but he said he really hopes that he is wrong. He wanted to go with the cheapest, least aggressive method to start out so he put Chase on a 10 day pain pill/anti-inflammatory regimen and basically bed rest to see if the problem fixes itself.


Why were x rays not taken ?


The vet said something like you can't see the difference in the cartilage throught x-rays until you do numerous ones over time or something..?

He didn't do the drawer sign thing with Chase (he tried) and said he would need to be sedated for it because Chase won't let anybody (including us) touch his leg. He tried to bite the vet, even though Don was holding his head down and was growling and bearing teeth. Something he is not known for doing...
Right now, even if we just run our hand on that leg, he will do the ol' whale eye, stiffen up, and lick his lips ready to bite. It sucks. I don't like this new Chase and I just want him fixed.

He seems to be good because he hasn't been able to move hardly at all, but I'm sure we are going to have all of the other procedures done to see what is really going on. I don't want to have to live our lives not being able to let him do any sort of activity. That is no fun for anybody.


Return to “Health Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests