NZymes Yeast Kit

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

NZymes Yeast Kit

Postby Cherry » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:25 pm

http://www.nzymes.com/Ref/Nzymes_health ... rogram.htm

Well, after a few itch free weeks of multiple antibiotics and Prednisone, Cherry is beginning to itch again. It was so nice seeing her happy and healthy and not in sweaters and cones 24/7. Came home today and her mouth is a little red from itching and she's got a couple of her nipples red. So...it is coming on again. It isn't bad, she's only itched a couple times and licked a couple times. But I can tell it won't be long before it is back. I'm tired of the "it is allergies" routine. It has to be something more than that. If it was atopy, the Atopica would still be working and it isn't. She's been on Doxepin almost 2 months now (I think) and I can't tell if it is helping because she was doing so good because of the steroids. After all these antibiotics and constant immuno-suppressant drugs for years, I don't know how she is functioning. She's like a walking secondary infection all the time.

I can't keep her on steroids, with her immune system already being suppressed with the Atopica, it isn't healthy for her. And steroids is the only thing that works to relieve the symptoms. Read over the Nzyme website and she has all the symptoms and it definitely makes sense that the yeast just keeps coming back over and over BECAUSE of the meds.

Anyone have any experience with the kit? We already spend $200 on meds and months plus her 2 insurance/wellness plans and premium food, etc so I'm apprehensive about dropping that much money on something that could be a gimmick.

I couldn't find the ingredients anywhere either.....I don't want it to be like Missing Link or those other crappy ingredient filled "supplement" plans. She's already on Acana Pacifica but it does have potatoes in it so we'd have to change her food again (based on the website's instructions) so she's used to premium food her whole life. No supplements right now because we need to slowly introduce them back to her so she doesn't become an itch fest because of them.

I'm really worried she's going to get bad again. I want to stop it before it gets horrible.
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: NZymes Yeast Kit

Postby pblove » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:00 pm

I haven't tried the kit yet, but have switched my dog's food to what the site recommends "Precise Plus". I have fed her grain free for years and her yeast was getting worse(and I thought it was seasonal allergies too). After being on this food for the past month I am seeing improvement. The grain free is probably why the dogs are not improving, all the potatoes, yams etc are turning into carbs/sugar and feeding/ helping the yeast to thrive.)
I have thought about sending you that link several times but decided to wait until you made a thread re Cherry's issues.
On the site it says it can take at least 3-7 months to see visable improvement, so patience is a must (and I am not as patient as I should be, but seeing visable results has helped me to remain patient ).
I just bought a big bottle of Listerine to help with any more itching we might encounter.
I hope you will have positive results for your Cherry, she has to be miserable .
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby Cherry » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:14 pm

Thanks for the reply!! I was looking into that food but Cherry can only have salmon and their formula has a lot of potato and chicken. I'm going to order the kit and go with Innova Evo Herring and Salmon Formula. High protein, which I'm worried about but I think as long as I keep her water intake high and with the Nzyme kit protecting her digestive system, I think her kidney/liver will be ok. I'll up her activity level as well as soon as she's itch free for longer than a couple months and not because she's on meds.

I'm hoping since we are on the end of the steroid round, we will skip some of the intense itching the "detox" period can bring. I just am scared of taking her off of Atopica, it would be completely counter productive if I kept her on it though. I just need to make sure it is safe to take her off of it cold turkey or if I need to wean her off. Any input on that would be great too!!
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Sarah » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:33 pm

I use the Nzymes Bac-Pak Plus, and have been very impressed with the product. Haven't tried the whole kit, since my dogs don't have many of that type of issues, but I'd certainly consider it worth a try. I started the Bac-Pak before Tully was diagnosed with Cushings, on a friend's recommendation, to try and stem her weight loss. Even without diagnosing and treating the Cushings, she stopped losing weight on the Bac-Pak. I also tried it on Pirate, who used to get a lot of yeast overgrowth in his ears- never a full fledged infection, just enough to be gooky. We've had no such trouble since he's been on the Bac-Pak.
Sarah
Dabbling Dog Coddler

Postby Cherry » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:55 am

That is awesome to hear!! I'm so glad your dogs are getting better!
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:05 pm

Let us know how it goes... its got so many claims I've always thought it was a gimmick, but trust Sarah's judgement enough to really want someone else to try it too!
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby Cherry » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:39 am

There's not a lot of reviews out there....but the ones I read sound legit. Can't hurt to try it, she kept me up all night licking her legs. No damage yet, just lots of licking. Sigh.
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby pblove » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:50 am

Cherry wrote:There's not a lot of reviews out there....but the ones I read sound legit. Can't hurt to try it, she kept me up all night licking her legs. No damage yet, just lots of licking. Sigh.

and then you have the giant wet spots from the leg licking (really nice when I roll over in a sleep and wake up from laying on the wet spots) :headbang:
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby Cherry » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:50 pm

Ya...woke up at 4 am thinking she peed the bed LOL
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby pblove » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:37 pm

ugh Paige started licking chewing her toenails about an hour ago. Guess it is going to be a wet bed night here tonight-lol
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby Cherry » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:22 pm

Gave 2 treats and added the Ox-E drops to her water along with a tsp of the granules. Gotta get a little calendar to keep track since it has different amounts each week for the 1st month. They send it in a nice little kit with tons of info and stuff. I'm impressed so far!
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Flibgit » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:51 am

I just ordered the BacPakPlus and the Ox-E drops as well (and got the free treat offer!). Andre's on anti-biotics for a skin infection on his face and head. I don't know that I'll see a drastic difference since his allergies are so mild compared to Cherry's.

I was just going to get him some pro-biotics at the local health food store, but they were out so I decided to bite the bullet and try Nzymes.
Flibgit
Matured Bully

Postby pblove » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:32 pm

anyone seeing any positive improvement since starting the Nyzmes????
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby Cherry » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:19 am

Cherry is still itching periodically but it isn't nearly as bad as it was a couple months ago. Don't know if that is because we moved to a place with brand new carpet or if it is because of the NZymes. It most certainly is not hurting her though! I think she will be doing even better once this ant bite infection is gone!
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Cherry » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:54 am

Well, the "bad" part is starting. She's constantly itchy now. :( She's shaking her ears a lot too because of the yeast buildup in them. I haven't been doing the baths because they seem to dry out her skin and make her itchier but I guess it is time to start trying that. I hope this doesn't last long.
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Next

Return to Health Issues