NZymes Yeast Kit

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: NZymes Yeast Kit

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:59 am

Cherry wrote:Well, the "bad" part is starting. She's constantly itchy now. :( She's shaking her ears a lot too because of the yeast buildup in them. I haven't been doing the baths because they seem to dry out her skin and make her itchier but I guess it is time to start trying that. I hope this doesn't last long.

If her ears are that bad, she should be given a topical yeast medication and have an ear exam at a vet to ensure bacterial infection isn't setting in as well.

Preventatives work much better when the severe infections are controlled with medicine prior to starting.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:06 am

oh crap, I guess that is the detox at it's worst. I don't know if you called them but maybe you should since she has been on antibiotics since starting the cleanse?
I hope you soon get relief Cherry , poor baby girl.
have you been wiping her with the Listerine to help with the itchiness.
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby Cherry » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:41 am

We are using Remicin in her ears and Relifor steroid spray for her itchy spots. The Listerine gets used if she makes a red spot. I'd have to bathe her in it to get all the areas she is itchy in.

We had the bacterial infections cleared up and then she got the ant bite infection and was put on antibiotics. That is cleared up now but she always gets really itchy after getting off antibiotics. Ugh.

She doesn't have any hot spots or any yeast buildup on her body or nails. She just itches at her sides a lot. There's no skin infection that I can see. Except for her ears, she looks fantastic. I've been keeping her sweater on her when we leave and a soft cone so she doesn't cause damage to herself or get a skin infection going.
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby starrlamia » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:05 pm

bumping this up to see if anyone had good results with this?
starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby Cherry » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:36 pm

I pulled Cherry off of her Atopica and we are managing her allergies with Nzymes, Vit C, Vit E and fish oil and Benadryl and Temeril P as needed. We have had her on long term Cephalexin and she hasn't had any secondary skin infections.

I don't see that it has helped drastically but it isn't hurting her. She's doing a lot better than I expected her to off of the Atopica but not enough to where she doesn't need antihistamines, Temeril P occasionally and Cephalexin.

I probably won't buy another kit when it runs out.
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby starrlamia » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:44 pm

thanks for the update :)
starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Previous

Return to Health Issues