Strange red spots on my pit's underside???

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Ringo
Newborn Bully

Strange red spots on my pit's underside???

Postby Ringo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:10 pm

i just noticed today that my 7month old male pit has developed some small red spots on his genital area,they almost look like pimples or a rash of some kind,could it be a heat rash? he was in his kennel today for roughly 4 hours but i did have a fan blowing on him,it has been very warm the last two days. there is approxamatly 14 separete spots and they look sore but dont seem to be bothering him.Looks like a trip to the vet in the morning but any helpful thoughts would be great.
My other pit who is 2 years old has no symptoms yet!
Thanks

Keira&Phoenix
Adolescent Bully

Re: Strange red spots on my pit's underside???

Postby Keira&Phoenix » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:15 pm

My puppy got this when she was about 4/5 months old. Well it sounds similar. She developed a rash that looked like pimples all over her chest area and underneath it. I took her to the vet just gave her anti inflams and anti biotics and it cleared up quickly, she hasn't had anything like it since. Sorry can't remember exactly what she said it was but I think she said maybe a yeast infection?? or something similar.

Ringo
Newborn Bully

Postby Ringo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Thanks im hoping its nothing serious.

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:10 pm

probably either bug bites or bacterial infection, either way good that your going to take him to his vet tomorrow
good luck, hope it is a simple fix

jordanberry20
Newborn Bully

Postby jordanberry20 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:45 pm

Ringo wrote:i just noticed today that my 7month old male pit has developed some small red spots on his genital area,they almost look like pimples or a rash of some kind,could it be a heat rash? he was in his kennel today for roughly 4 hours but i did have a fan blowing on him,it has been very warm the last two days. there is approxamatly 14 separete spots and they look sore but dont seem to be bothering him.Looks like a trip to the vet in the morning but any helpful thoughts would be great.
My other pit who is 2 years old has no symptoms yet!
Thanks

same thing happened to my dog, my vet gave me some antibiotics and it was gone in a few days. I cant remember exactly what he told me, but he was asking if my dog runs through any kinds of weeds/high grass areas and I told him yeah he said it could be like an allergic reaction to something in that area.

Absoulte
Newborn Bully

Postby Absoulte » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:55 am

I had that issue with my pit when he was a puppy - as others said grass/weeds and bug bites are what were the likely cause. I didn't treat him with anything because they didn't look sore or appear to be bothering him at all and went away on their own. Now that he is over a year we haven't had any issues with it. Once in a while he gets some red spots depending on the grass.

Return to “Health Issues”