Wysong Dog Food

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
Absoulte
Newborn Bully

Wysong Dog Food

Postby Absoulte » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:44 am

My mom is really interested in dog nutrition now too! We feed our ferrets Wysong and it is amazing - they smell great (seriously) and they just seem so healthy.

She was super excited to find their raw line of food for dogs. Specifically:

http://www.wysong.net/products/archetyp ... t-food.php

However this is the entire selection:

http://www.wysong.net/healthy-natural-r ... ements.php

Opinions? Experience? Anything? :)

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Re: Wysong Dog Food

Postby starrlamia » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:52 am

it's great food, but sooooooo expensive!

Do you feed your ferrets the ferret or cat version? Ive found the cat version to be cheaper and its the same :)

Absoulte
Newborn Bully

Postby Absoulte » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:49 pm

Oh nice maybe I will check into Wysong! LOL And switch my horse to it too while I'm at it!

We do feed the ferret one - I will see about the cat food. I know they also have a dog/cat mixed food which is extremely odd to me.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Absoulte wrote:Oh nice maybe I will check into Wysong! LOL And switch my horse to it too while I'm at it!

We do feed the ferret one - I will see about the cat food. I know they also have a dog/cat mixed food which is extremely odd to me.

Because it is such high protein food, it really doesnt make much of a difference, you just want to make sure the cat/ferret is getting enough taurine and sometimes high protein dog foods have an adequate amount. Last time I looked the wysong cat was cheaper then ferret (they tend to jack up ferret food prices even though its basically the same thing). Im personally to cheap to buy it lol, my ferrets get orijen and wellness core.

Absoulte
Newborn Bully

Postby Absoulte » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

But you would if you could? I am thinking it is too expensive for me (I already spend a fortune on my dang pets). I will probably stick with TOTW! LOL

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:22 pm

no, there are great foods out there that are less expensive, it just seems like overkill too me, plus I feed raw which is much cheaper lol

Absoulte
Newborn Bully

Postby Absoulte » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:31 am

True true! I'd love to feed raw I'm not brave enough yet! HAHA

WackyJacki
Addicted to PBF

Postby WackyJacki » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:26 pm

I raw feed my dogs but have recently switched my cats over to Wysong Epigen. They love it and the one who had allergies has completely stopped scratching.

As far as grain free cat foods go, it's not as pricey as some, but cat food is more expensive than dog food, generally speaking. ;)

If you can afford it, I think it's a brand definitely worth considering adding to a rotation.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:31 pm

WackyJacki wrote:I raw feed my dogs but have recently switched my cats over to Wysong Epigen. They love it and the one who had allergies has completely stopped scratching.

As far as grain free cat foods go, it's not as pricey as some, but cat food is more expensive than dog food, generally speaking. ;)

If you can afford it, I think it's a brand definitely worth considering adding to a rotation.

i always forget you guys have cheaper prices on these foods, most of the places I have seen wysong for sale charge way more then even premium kibbles.

Return to “Health Issues”