Sqiushy lump on head...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Sqiushy lump on head...

Postby ams036 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:22 pm

We noticed that this lump on Ammo's head has gotten larger and now feels squishy. At first it was boney feeling and small and now it has gotten larger and feels like fluid surrounding it. Is this just due to him growing or something that needs to be looked at? We noticed it more this evening that it has gotten more prominent. It does not seem to hurt him when we press down on it. He was 1 in November.

ams036
Adolescent Bully

Re: Sqiushy lump on head...

Postby BrokenAquarian » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:49 pm

My dog had that, in the exact same spot - turned out to be a cyst that was caused by upside-down skin cells. They cause the hair to grow down instead of up. Had to take her in and have all the skin area cut out to prevent another cyst. I can't remember what it's called, but it's genetic and happens on the dividing line of the body. It doesn't happen on the extremeties.

Your's may be something different though.
BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby ams036 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:02 pm

I'm glad to hear that it could just be a cyst. My mind went straight to the worst things for some reason, I guess when I see a lump on his head I think the worst! Thank you and we are going to try and get him into the vet today to look at it.
ams036
Adolescent Bully

Postby Sagebrush » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:00 am

BrokenAquarian wrote:My dog had that, in the exact same spot - turned out to be a cyst that was caused by upside-down skin cells. They cause the hair to grow down instead of up.

Mid-line dermoid cyst. I've seen them in certain families of Am Stafs. Sometimes they stay small and never cause a problem -- other times they get huge! If one is noticeably growing, it will probably have to be removed.

Carla
Sagebrush
Newborn Bully

Postby BrokenAquarian » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:01 am

Sagebrush wrote:
BrokenAquarian wrote:My dog had that, in the exact same spot - turned out to be a cyst that was caused by upside-down skin cells. They cause the hair to grow down instead of up.

Mid-line dermoid cyst. I've seen them in certain families of Am Stafs. Sometimes they stay small and never cause a problem -- other times they get huge! If one is noticeably growing, it will probably have to be removed.

Carla

THANK YOU!!

I couldn't find it anywhere on the internet - I wasn't sure what to punch in. *going to write it down*
Keela's was growing and she ruptured it on the gate - boy, was THAT fun to clean out *YUCK!*
BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues