*NEW vaccine protocol*

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Re: *NEW vaccine protocol*

Postby Misskiwi67 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:56 am

kagnew wrote:
I found a new vet after taking my then 17 year old cat in for bloodwork - specifically telling them not to vaccinate for heaven's sake - and picking him up later and finding out they did it anyway.

This sort of thing makes me fuming mad... I'm so sorry... NOTHING should be done without your consent.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby BigBadPibbul » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:40 am

We're currently stuck on yearlies with Chino, Mambo, and Loki. They donate blood every two months and are required to have their vacs every year to continue to donate. I'm hoping they will change the policy at some point in the near future but I'm not holding my breath.
Stormy will receive her rabies and her booster in two years when she comes due for shots and afterwards never again. She'll be ten this winter and has been kept up most of her life.
BigBadPibbul
Bully Ambassador

Postby ellie@ny » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:34 pm

Geeez, I'm sorry folks, this was sent to me via e-mail just recently, I personally have not seen it before.... :oops:
Mods feel free to delete the thread!?
Last edited by ellie@ny on Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ellie@ny
Matured Bully

Postby ellie@ny » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:37 pm

kagnew wrote:
AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:
starrlamia wrote:my vet is young and still gives yearly vaccines.

There's one clinic here in my city that vaccinates for everything, every year, no discussions period. Horrible medicine IMO.

I found a new vet after taking my then 17 year old cat in for bloodwork - specifically telling them not to vaccinate for heaven's sake - and picking him up later and finding out they did it anyway. The vet was absolutely adamant that I was wrong and it was his duty and they all need needles annually. (And Charles had HAD them annually up until the previous year...) He refused to even consider my concerns and asked when the Pugs were coming in for theirs. Wrong again buster. Cash grab much???

They should consult with the patients, before doing anything like that....
I probably would have not pay a dime for them. :po: I didn't ask for it, they didn't ASK me, so screw you!!
ellie@ny
Matured Bully

Previous

Return to Health Issues