Muscle Sore-ness?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Muscle Sore-ness?

Postby originalg00kster » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:14 pm

Well here's the situation...the other day I went out to the canyon and played with my dog Kobe...do the usual running, fetching and jumping. Well the next day I laid on his leg and he yelped and nipped me on the head as a reaction...I am fine so nothing to worry about...but it was weird that he yelped? It sounded like he was hurt...but when I massage it, touch it, or anything he doesn't care. He walks and runs fine, nothing looks off.

Is there a such thing as muscle sore-ness for dogs? haha He knows how to dance (stands on his hind legs and hops around) and when I told him to do that for a treat he didn't want to get on his hind legs...im just worried...i felt around for his hips and such...extended out his knees and everything. He seems fine...somebody tell my dog is okay.

He turns 3 next month!

originalg00kster
Newborn Bully

Re: Muscle Sore-ness?

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:17 pm

First things first-your dog is gorgeous! :inlove:

Second, of course your dogs muscles can get sore silly...they're muscles.

My vote is to keep an eye on him and tone it down for a couple days and if necessary (he still seems to be in pain later) take him to the vet. These dogs are notorious for not showing when they're in pain, so I wouldn't fault you for taking him to the vet right now.

The third thing-I'm concerned with his age. He seems young to be doing a lot of what you mentioned. If he's not fully developed it's my understanding that damage done to him now can cause life long issues.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby originalg00kster » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:33 pm

3 years old is young? haha....From what I've been reading...2+ years and up is a go...fully developed adult correct? I don't know though..everything is the same...his running, walking, eating habits..everything.
originalg00kster
Newborn Bully

Postby BrokenAquarian » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:53 pm

When you laid on him, you may have tweaked the joint or put too much pressure on the bone. As soon as the pressure is lifted - it won't hurt anymore.
BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:03 am

It's a hind leg? Is he limping/lame at all?
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby jamielvsaustin » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:18 am

I miss read, I thought you said 3 months.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby originalg00kster » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:23 pm

No he wasn't limping or anything. That's why I thought it was odd. I think he was just being a girl and was a little sore. I took him to play yesterday and he acted like his usual. Running around and jumping haha. I think he was faking it. But he's alright. Thanks for the replies you guys!
originalg00kster
Newborn Bully

Postby starrlamia » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:26 pm

originalg00kster wrote:No he wasn't limping or anything. That's why I thought it was odd. I think he was just being a girl and was a little sore. I took him to play yesterday and he acted like his usual. Running around and jumping haha. I think he was faking it. But he's alright. Thanks for the replies you guys!

my girl dog is tougher then my boy dog! no fair playing on stereotypes :P

He is so adorable!
starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues