Anyone with cold laser experience?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Anyone with cold laser experience?

Postby FBODGRL » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:32 pm

My 12 year old cat was recently diagnosed with arthritis in 3 of his vertebrae. He started a couple supplements and my vet recommended cold laser treatment as an option if the supplements don't help. My vet is holistic.

Anyone try cold laser treatments for arthritis or anything else? I don't know all too much about it.
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Re: Anyone with cold laser experience?

Postby elegy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:06 pm

Not for arthritis but my Border Collie has had it for a couple injuries. He had weekly laser treatments for his iliopsoas pull, and then had a laser treatment on a pulled/sore triceps muscle last month. It's one of those things that it's hard to tell if it helped, because it was just one part of a treatment plan, but I trust the vets he's seen, and they feel that they have good success with the laser.

I'd certainly try it for arthritis in my dog, see if it helps. Acupuncture is something else I see recommended for arthritis, though I've never had it done on my own dogs.

Good luck with your boy!
elegy
Bully Ambassador

Postby FBODGRL » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm

Thanks!

I am kind of thinking of at least trying it for one treatment. My vet said he has seen good results with it and I should notice a difference even after one treatment. They offer one treatment and then a package deal too.
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby dogs4jen » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:14 pm

Roscoe had it when his knee problem and the ganglion cyst on his wrist were misdiagnosed. I think it did help his wrist somewhat, but obviously not his knee. It might be worth a try for your cat.
dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby Savage Destiny » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:42 pm

We did it for Riddle when she pulled a shoulder muscle, and it really seemed to help. She's also starting laser therapy twice a week next week, for an elbow issue. I have a thread about her elbow about half a page down, and I'll be keeping track of her progress with the laser if you're interested.
Savage Destiny
Bully Ambassador

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:01 pm

Romeo had it for his biceps tendonitis, and despite continuing his bouncy behaviors that cause the problem and agility, he has not had any difficulties with tendonitis in the 6 months since his diagnosis and treatment.

We have had a few dogs respond very well for hip and knee arthritis.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Lamar went in for his first cold laser treatment on Thursday afternoon. I have been quite impressed with the results. He is not reacting painful in his back and his disposition has really changed as well. He is acting more out going and less ornery.

I set up another appointment for this Thursday. I think I will get the package deal and see how they want to work him coming in(how often, etc.)
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:51 pm

Lamar had his 2nd laser treatment and I bought the 6 treatment package.

It didn't seem this treatment was quite as effective. He was painful to the touch the next day. I'll be asking when he goes in this week for another treatment, just wondering if anyone had something similar happen.
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues