Expired Premium Kibble?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Expired Premium Kibble?

Postby Cherry » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:09 pm

Went to the local holistic pet food store and they only had one bag of Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon Meal Formula left. It was the HUGE bag that cost $70. :( But, I had to get it since I was out of food for Cherry and she does well on it.

Got home, transferred the big bag into the two smaller bags I had so one can go in the freezer and the other I stored in the laundry room. Her kibble is always kept in the freezer to help with storage mites.

Well, the bag has a best before date of June 18th, 2011. :( The other two smaller bags have expiration dates of June/July 2012 so the bag we bought is hella old. Hopefully they refund me the money but they won't get more bags in until Friday. Think it is ok to feed her this for a few days? It is salmon and she does have allergies so I'm scared she's going to get a reaction. Blah, just my luck!! I don't know who else in the area sells it.
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Expired Premium Kibble?

Postby Cherry » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:15 pm

Just called and he apologized profusely, it actually just came in last week so it was the distributor, he only keeps a few bags at a time for that reason. Told me he will let me keep a few days worth and donate the bag to the shelter. He will give me a full refund so yay!
Cherry
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Expired Premium Kibble?

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:09 am

Woohoo!

Yeah, I wouldn't feed expired food... I sometimes eat expired food, but I generally know its OK to eat still, like milk... there's no good way to know if dog food is edible until its too late.
Misskiwi67
Addicted to PBF

Return to Health Issues