Jade's medical issues

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Jade's medical issues

Postby ilovetyson » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:06 pm

Well, Jade is going in for a Biopsy next week. :( She has 4 lumps on the back of one of her front legs. And a small lump under one of her eyes.
We have been trying to raise funds to help, cause our money is short.. We are still paying off the Credit card with Tyson's cancer bills, on top of Jade's on going medical issues and monthly meds.. But, Someone from the Pit bull community here is going to help get her in before her fundraiser in 2 weeks.. and we will repay her once the fundraiser is done. It was a complete shock for us,and are beyond blessed to have her on our side willing to help us with Jade.
Jade is a phenomenal dog, and I can't see life without her. She loves everyone and everything, and is a true ambassador for the breed.

So, Please.. keep us in your thoughts. We will find out a week after her biopsy if it is cancer or not. :pray

ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Jade's medical issues

Postby patty » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:08 pm

I'm sending all my very best wishes for Jade, she is beautiful!

:hug:
patty
Forum Junky

Postby FBODGRL » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:35 pm

Sending positive thoughts :pray :hug:
FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby BrokenAquarian » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Tumeric (yellow spice) is great for getting rid of fatty tumors and keeping cancer tumors from spreading quickly(as they do). Until the biopsy, start giving her a teaspoon mixed in some type of fat(needs fat to be absorbed properly).
I used salmon oil for Louie.
You can buy it in the bulk bins at the stores - instead of in the jars(more expensive).

It won't hurt her at all.

Many people use it on themselves and their pets - it's even helped my dad's tumor stay put and the doctor was very surprised when he took it out that it had not wrapped around all the nerves and such - like he always sees in his patients.

My mom got rid of a bump on her wrist that she'd had for over 30 years. It was some sort of abcess or scar tissue from an injury.
BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilovetyson » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:54 pm

I would have to look into it, she can't have any Additional fats in her meals, She has very bad food allergies. I will have to read into that. Thanks :)
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Enigma » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:33 am

BrokenAquarian wrote:Tumeric (yellow spice)
In what form are you giving it to your dogs? Do you have any links where i could buy it? Or any product names so i can research on my own? I searched everywhere here, but it's close to impossible getting it, i've found one expensive supplement with tumeric in capsules, but that's all... I would love to give it to Brina :) Thanks!
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby Peneloki » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:24 am

Sending happy and positive thoughts your way. :pray
Peneloki
Bully Ambassador

Postby BrokenAquarian » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:28 am

Enigma wrote:
BrokenAquarian wrote:Tumeric (yellow spice)
In what form are you giving it to your dogs? Do you have any links where i could buy it? Or any product names so i can research on my own? I searched everywhere here, but it's close to impossible getting it, i've found one expensive supplement with tumeric in capsules, but that's all... I would love to give it to Brina :) Thanks!

The markets don't sell it in bulk where you live?
I give it in bulk/powder form. The capsules are too expensive.

Amazon store link to some - but I don't know how much shipping would be to you.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... bulk&ajr=2

Oh, and it should not be a pale yellow color. It should be a rich orange-ish color. You can see the color differences in the pictures.
BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby Enigma » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:59 pm

BrokenAquarian wrote:The markets don't sell it in bulk where you live?
Nope, we only have ginger, which i guess comes from the same family of plants, but it's not the same thing. I will have to order it from another country, i saw it on e-bay and thanks for the amazon link, i will check it out. Do you give it to your dogs every day?
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby BrokenAquarian » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Yeah, I give them 1 tsp a day, mixed with salmon oil. You could mix that in with their food if you want.
Some people take it with milk - it just needs fat to absorb properly.

I've actually tried it with milk, a little vanilla and sweetner. Not disgusting. :)
BrokenAquarian
Addicted to PBF

Postby Enigma » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:37 pm

BrokenAquarian wrote:Yeah, I give them 1 tsp a day, mixed with salmon oil. You could mix that in with their food if you want.
Yeah, i'll use salmon oil too. I've read it also helps with arthritis and a bunch of other stuff, it's a very good supplement, thanks for mentioning it. :thumbsup:
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby ilovetyson » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:47 pm

For anyone that will be checking on this about her... She has been scheduled for her surgery to have the lumps removed.. that she now has 5 of.. on one leg.. :-/ It is set for Aug 30th.. So, Lets hope for good results. *sigh* Her fundraiser (for her and a rescue's Puppy.. we are doing same time) Is set for Aug 27th. So I am hoping to raise what I need for this surgery..and if.. She has Cancer.. maybe enough to help with some of the after care.. We shall see. But at least some is better then none, right?

So, Please keep your paws, toes, and fingers crossed that she Is Ok.. And keep her in your thoughts that day!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilovetyson » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:19 pm

Her Surgery is in the AM to have the 6 lumps removed.. *Sigh* I am nervous, and hate the idea of her not being home with me! Please keep her in your thoughts tomorrow that it goes down without a hitch, and she recovers quickly!
ilovetyson
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby patty » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:43 pm

I will be thinking of you and beautiful Jade tomorrow. Everything will go perfectly! Will be waiting for an update.

:hug:
patty
Forum Junky

Postby Libby » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:57 pm

You and Jade will be in my thoughts and in my prayers tonight.
Libby
Addicted to PBF

Next

Return to Health Issues