Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Her right back leg, she's favoring it bad, in the past she has occasionally limped a bit after a lot of exercise, but never anything long lasting or really obvious but tonight she is really acting like her leg hurts, I'm really hoping it's nothing serious but I know this breed is prone to all sorts of lovely leg issues. I just don't know if I should bring her into the local vet tomorrow or rest her and bring her in on Monday to my out of town vet. The local one just really sucks, I take the dogs there for shots or ear/bladder infections but that's about all I trust them for, would a so-so vet be able to tell if it's a serious issue? I would trust the other vet to pinpoint the issue no problem but don't know if I should wait that long. She seems to get stiff in the crate so I had my b/f leave her in the kitchen tonight so she didn't have to be crated or go up and down stairs and she promptly chased me up the stairs when I got home and let the other dogs out. I do have nice new fluffy beds coming tomorrow, she gets fish oil already and I had my b/f pick up some glucosemine with msm tonight at work, not sure what dosage to give her though. I do keep my dogs fairly lean but could probably starve a little pudge off her if it'd help.
- Addicted to PBF
- Posts: 7459
- Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:59 pm
- Location: Shingle Springs, CA
I'm sorry to hear this. Poor Jersey. Is she toe touching? (holding the leg off the ground just resting the toe) Ill see if I can find a pic to illustrate. I would wait and see the good vet, personally
She's putting pressure on it, she is limping a lot less today but still noticeable, I've got her an appt for Monday in Duluth, that day is going to cost me for sure, bringing in her plus Nero for his skin issues, already had an appt. that day locally for Ripley to get hw test/meds/checkup so James is bringing her in and I'm taking the other two. We are seeing a different vet than usual but he is the head vet and info on their website sounds like he is experienced with leg issues.
Well Jersey is joining the ranks of pbf dogs with ccl tears, she's got a partial in her left, vet recommends a tplo but said we could do traditional as well, nearest vet that does a tta is 6 hours away so that's really not doable for us. Was quoted $2577 for everything except for very last checkup with xray. Don't have that kind of money lying around right now so I've got time to look into my options while we save up and sell crap off. She's already trim but I am going to lean her out a bit more, started her on supplements, she's already on fish oil but added some joint ones. Pretty much what I expected to hear but still sucks.
No that's for the tplo. Got the wonderful news at work that we are out of money and not sure if my check will be in on friday or not now so everything is pretty much on hold until I know if I have an income.
GoingPostal wrote:Got the wonderful news at work that we are out of money and not sure if my check will be in on friday or not.
Holy cow. That's crazy to me. Can you start looking for a new job now? Because if this is happening now to the company you work for, it might be likely that it'll happen again.
I wish you and Jersey the best of luck!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests